Coimbatore Junction railway station to open exclusive parking spaces for disabled people
April 30, 2018
Coimbatore Junction railway station has always been inclusive. Authorities are now planning to start an exclusive parking space for disabled people at the main entrance.
Parking spaces will be provided at both sides of the main entrance to the railway station. The Salem Railway division released a statement confirming this. Currently, Coimbatore Junction Railway Station is under maintenance.
Coimbatore Junction railway station already has facilities for disabled people. Wheelchair ramps and disabled friendly toilets already exist inside the railway station. With this new parking space being introduced, the railway station is going to become even more accessible.
A bay near the four-wheeler parking space will be marked for disabled people. Marking of parking slots will be done soon. It will kick-start once the station improvement works are completed.
Many railway stations across India are not accessible for disabled people. They do not have enough facilities for people with disabilities. This initiative taken by Salem Railway division is indeed remarkable.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News