Coimbatore Junction railway station to open exclusive parking spaces for disabled people
Coimbatore Junction railway station has always been inclusive. Authorities are now planning to start an exclusive parking space for disabled people at the main entrance.
Parking spaces will be provided at both sides of the main entrance to the railway station. The Salem Railway division released a statement confirming this. Currently, Coimbatore Junction Railway Station is under maintenance.
Coimbatore Junction railway station already has facilities for disabled people. Wheelchair ramps and disabled friendly toilets already exist inside the railway station. With this new parking space being introduced, the railway station is going to become even more accessible.
A bay near the four-wheeler parking space will be marked for disabled people. Marking of parking slots will be done soon. It will kick-start once the station improvement works are completed.
Many railway stations across India are not accessible for disabled people. They do not have enough facilities for people with disabilities. This initiative taken by Salem Railway division is indeed remarkable.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Events February 21, 2019 Free Medical Camp
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019