Coimbatore Junction railway station to open exclusive parking spaces for disabled people
Coimbatore Junction railway station has always been inclusive. Authorities are now planning to start an exclusive parking space for disabled people at the main entrance.
Parking spaces will be provided at both sides of the main entrance to the railway station. The Salem Railway division released a statement confirming this. Currently, Coimbatore Junction Railway Station is under maintenance.
Coimbatore Junction railway station already has facilities for disabled people. Wheelchair ramps and disabled friendly toilets already exist inside the railway station. With this new parking space being introduced, the railway station is going to become even more accessible.
A bay near the four-wheeler parking space will be marked for disabled people. Marking of parking slots will be done soon. It will kick-start once the station improvement works are completed.
Many railway stations across India are not accessible for disabled people. They do not have enough facilities for people with disabilities. This initiative taken by Salem Railway division is indeed remarkable.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 13, 2018 Asian Para Games 2018 - Sharad Kumar sets new records in men's high jump
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility October 15, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News