Coimbatore Junction railway station to open exclusive parking spaces for disabled people
April 30, 2018
Coimbatore Junction railway station has always been inclusive. Authorities are now planning to start an exclusive parking space for disabled people at the main entrance.
Parking spaces will be provided at both sides of the main entrance to the railway station. The Salem Railway division released a statement confirming this. Currently, Coimbatore Junction Railway Station is under maintenance.
Coimbatore Junction railway station already has facilities for disabled people. Wheelchair ramps and disabled friendly toilets already exist inside the railway station. With this new parking space being introduced, the railway station is going to become even more accessible.
A bay near the four-wheeler parking space will be marked for disabled people. Marking of parking slots will be done soon. It will kick-start once the station improvement works are completed.
Many railway stations across India are not accessible for disabled people. They do not have enough facilities for people with disabilities. This initiative taken by Salem Railway division is indeed remarkable.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Employment June 27, 2019 Diya Innovations opens doors of opportunities for adults with disabilities
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News