Coimbatore Junction railway station to open exclusive parking spaces for disabled people
Coimbatore Junction railway station has always been inclusive. Authorities are now planning to start an exclusive parking space for disabled people at the main entrance.
Parking spaces will be provided at both sides of the main entrance to the railway station. The Salem Railway division released a statement confirming this. Currently, Coimbatore Junction Railway Station is under maintenance.
Coimbatore Junction railway station already has facilities for disabled people. Wheelchair ramps and disabled friendly toilets already exist inside the railway station. With this new parking space being introduced, the railway station is going to become even more accessible.
A bay near the four-wheeler parking space will be marked for disabled people. Marking of parking slots will be done soon. It will kick-start once the station improvement works are completed.
Many railway stations across India are not accessible for disabled people. They do not have enough facilities for people with disabilities. This initiative taken by Salem Railway division is indeed remarkable.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News