Tips for education of students with special needs
May 7, 2018
Children with special needs require a modified environment for learning and studying.
Teachers for special needs children are given specific training as special educators.
Here are some ideas for teachers to make learning fun and convenient for students with special needs.
Classroom should be free of distractions. The learning area should be properly organized and systematic. Everything should be clearly labeled and kept at a fixed and proper place.
Students should be made to sit in a particular seat to maintain a routine. If the child gets easily distracted, keep the seat away from windows and doors.
Break time should also be scheduled and fixed.
When moving from one activity to other, a short song or music can be played in between. This helps children adjust to the change in topic and also have a little fun. Singing a song also helps them to learn sounds and voices.
Give smaller and clearer instructions to children with special needs. Long and complex instructions can be difficult to understand.
Give an instruction and wait for the students to complete the task you have assigned before giving the next instruction.
Use various mediums for giving information to the students. Use of audio, video, and physical mediums can be made to make learning fun and diverse.
- The children may not do well in all aspects of an education program due to their limitations. The course structure should be designed according to individual needs. This will ensure that students complete their program successfully. "
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Abidi talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News