Blind youth from Odisha display football skills at Kerala tournament
Blind youth from Odisha are getting a chance to display their football skills at a tournament in Kerala, will be held until 1 May.
The Odisha team is made up of blind players from various districts. They have been trained for 10 days at the campus of the National Career Service Centre for Differently-Abled (NCSCDA) in Gandamunda in Bhubaneswar.
The training programme was organized by the Football Federation for the Blind, Odisha, NCSCDA, Bhubaneswar, and National Association for the Blind, in Odisha.
The aim of the Kerala event is to give disabled youth a chance to take up sports in an organized manner.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News