Sign-to-speech smart glove, BrightSign, a potential game changer for people with speech disabilities
BrightSign is a smart glove that empowers people with speech disabilities to communicate easily. When it launches, it will be available at a fraction of what other high-end assistive devices cost in the market.
The smart sensors in BrightSign are embedded in a thin transparent glove that can be worn inside many kinds of outer gloves. The hardware comes packaged in a slim wristband
It can be used by children in school or at a park to communicate with other non-signing children. It can also be used by adults, and by hospitals, airports and other public bodies that don’t always have a sign expert available.
There are 70 million people in the world who use sign language as their primary language. Only 1.4 million have access to expensive sign language education and assistive technology. This makes BrightSign a potential gamechanger.
The founder Hadeel Ayoub is looking to raise US$1.4 million to release BrightSign this year.
She wants people to enable people to become independent and have two-way communication while maintaining eye contact.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 Staying fit with a disability is easy, here are some tips
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News