Ford Motors has car windows for blind people to enjoy the view while travelling
Ford Motors has created an amazing piece of technology.
The technology is called Feel the View and it allows blind or visually impaired to enjoy the view around them while traveling in a car.
The technology has been created in Italy with the communications agency GTB Roma and a start-up called Aedo. Aedo specializes in devices for visually impaired people.
Feel the View is currently a prototype. It takes pictures and turns them into high-contrast grayscale images.
The car's side window glass then reproduces these images so blind and visually impaired riders can feel the scenery via touch.
There are different shades of grey that respond with 255 different intensities to help paint a picture for a blind or visually impaired person's mind. There is also an extra feature that describes the image by voice for greater clarity.
There is no information about when the device would be available in the market or the cost.
Watch in Sign Language
- Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
February 17, 2019
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
- Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News