Ford Motors has car windows for blind people to enjoy the view while travelling
May 3, 2018
Ford Motors has created an amazing piece of technology.
The technology is called Feel the View and it allows blind or visually impaired to enjoy the view around them while traveling in a car.
The technology has been created in Italy with the communications agency GTB Roma and a start-up called Aedo. Aedo specializes in devices for visually impaired people.
Feel the View is currently a prototype. It takes pictures and turns them into high-contrast grayscale images.
The car's side window glass then reproduces these images so blind and visually impaired riders can feel the scenery via touch.
There are different shades of grey that respond with 255 different intensities to help paint a picture for a blind or visually impaired person's mind. There is also an extra feature that describes the image by voice for greater clarity.
There is no information about when the device would be available in the market or the cost.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News