Ford Motors has car windows for blind people to enjoy the view while travelling
May 3, 2018
Ford Motors has created an amazing piece of technology.
The technology is called Feel the View and it allows blind or visually impaired to enjoy the view around them while traveling in a car.
The technology has been created in Italy with the communications agency GTB Roma and a start-up called Aedo. Aedo specializes in devices for visually impaired people.
Feel the View is currently a prototype. It takes pictures and turns them into high-contrast grayscale images.
The car's side window glass then reproduces these images so blind and visually impaired riders can feel the scenery via touch.
There are different shades of grey that respond with 255 different intensities to help paint a picture for a blind or visually impaired person's mind. There is also an extra feature that describes the image by voice for greater clarity.
There is no information about when the device would be available in the market or the cost.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Sustainable, eco-friendly vocational training for disabled adults, the Aarambh way
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News