Ford Motors has car windows for blind people to enjoy the view while travelling
Ford Motors has created an amazing piece of technology.
The technology is called Feel the View and it allows blind or visually impaired to enjoy the view around them while traveling in a car.
The technology has been created in Italy with the communications agency GTB Roma and a start-up called Aedo. Aedo specializes in devices for visually impaired people.
Feel the View is currently a prototype. It takes pictures and turns them into high-contrast grayscale images.
The car's side window glass then reproduces these images so blind and visually impaired riders can feel the scenery via touch.
There are different shades of grey that respond with 255 different intensities to help paint a picture for a blind or visually impaired person's mind. There is also an extra feature that describes the image by voice for greater clarity.
There is no information about when the device would be available in the market or the cost.
Watch in Sign Language
- The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
December 11, 2018
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Prime Minister Modi attends Priyanka-Nick’s reception party
- Employment December 6, 2018 Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Get-hooked December 7, 2018 A writing contest with disability as the theme. Know more
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018