Kochi wins Third National Blind Football Tournament
May 3, 2018
Kochi has won the third edition of the National Blind Football Tournament, beating Bengaluru 1-0 in a closely fought final.
Kochi dominated the match from the start. Gabriel Nongrum scored the only goal of the finals.
Klingson Marak played a good game to win the Best Player of the Finals, while Gabriel won the Golden Boot and Best Player of the Tournament with a total tally of 10 goals.
The event was held by the Indian Blind Football Federation (IBFF), which is India's first and only academy to offer training in Blind Football to a select team of blind players from across India.
The aim of IBFF is to develop the Indian Blind Football Team, which is ranked world number 29 for the Paralympics.
Blind Football is a fast-paced 5-a-side football played by visually impaired athletes using a ball with a noise-making device inside. It is played on a smaller pitch on an enclosed court.
There is more dribbling and short passing than in the mainstream football. The crowds also stay quiet so that players can hear the ball, their team-mates and opposition players.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Don't play too safe with your money, look at ways to invest smartly
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News