Kochi wins Third National Blind Football Tournament
Kochi has won the third edition of the National Blind Football Tournament, beating Bengaluru 1-0 in a closely fought final.
Kochi dominated the match from the start. Gabriel Nongrum scored the only goal of the finals.
Klingson Marak played a good game to win the Best Player of the Finals, while Gabriel won the Golden Boot and Best Player of the Tournament with a total tally of 10 goals.
The event was held by the Indian Blind Football Federation (IBFF), which is India's first and only academy to offer training in Blind Football to a select team of blind players from across India.
The aim of IBFF is to develop the Indian Blind Football Team, which is ranked world number 29 for the Paralympics.
Blind Football is a fast-paced 5-a-side football played by visually impaired athletes using a ball with a noise-making device inside. It is played on a smaller pitch on an enclosed court.
There is more dribbling and short passing than in the mainstream football. The crowds also stay quiet so that players can hear the ball, their team-mates and opposition players.
Watch in Sign Language
- "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
February 19, 2019
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Court to Anil Ambani - Pay dues or go to jail
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 New initiative called iDARE in Goa aims to fight for the rights of disabled people
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019