Kochi wins Third National Blind Football Tournament
Kochi has won the third edition of the National Blind Football Tournament, beating Bengaluru 1-0 in a closely fought final.
Kochi dominated the match from the start. Gabriel Nongrum scored the only goal of the finals.
Klingson Marak played a good game to win the Best Player of the Finals, while Gabriel won the Golden Boot and Best Player of the Tournament with a total tally of 10 goals.
The event was held by the Indian Blind Football Federation (IBFF), which is India's first and only academy to offer training in Blind Football to a select team of blind players from across India.
The aim of IBFF is to develop the Indian Blind Football Team, which is ranked world number 29 for the Paralympics.
Blind Football is a fast-paced 5-a-side football played by visually impaired athletes using a ball with a noise-making device inside. It is played on a smaller pitch on an enclosed court.
There is more dribbling and short passing than in the mainstream football. The crowds also stay quiet so that players can hear the ball, their team-mates and opposition players.
Watch in Sign Language
- Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
October 21, 2018
- Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
October 18, 2018
- India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
October 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Events October 19, 2018 Knowledge sharing Open Session On Career Planning by BGFI
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Headlines October 20, 2018 Sabrimalai temple priests continue to block women's entry into temple
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 Staying fit with a disability is easy, here are some tips
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Inclusion should begin early to build greater understanding & awareness, say experts
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News