Kochi wins Third National Blind Football Tournament
May 3, 2018
Kochi has won the third edition of the National Blind Football Tournament, beating Bengaluru 1-0 in a closely fought final.
Kochi dominated the match from the start. Gabriel Nongrum scored the only goal of the finals.
Klingson Marak played a good game to win the Best Player of the Finals, while Gabriel won the Golden Boot and Best Player of the Tournament with a total tally of 10 goals.
The event was held by the Indian Blind Football Federation (IBFF), which is India's first and only academy to offer training in Blind Football to a select team of blind players from across India.
The aim of IBFF is to develop the Indian Blind Football Team, which is ranked world number 29 for the Paralympics.
Blind Football is a fast-paced 5-a-side football played by visually impaired athletes using a ball with a noise-making device inside. It is played on a smaller pitch on an enclosed court.
There is more dribbling and short passing than in the mainstream football. The crowds also stay quiet so that players can hear the ball, their team-mates and opposition players.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Rich tributes paid to veteran actor Girish Karnad
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News