Here are 5 signs to know if your child has autism
Autism or Autism Spectrum Disorder is a condition where the child will have difficulties in social skills, speech and non verbal communication and will show repetitive behaviour. They will have unique strengths and differences unlike normal children.
Some children show symptoms of autism from a very young age. But for some others, symptoms occur only from 18 to 24 months. They start gaining new skills or begin to lose skills that they have already learnt!
Here are 5 symptoms shown by children who have autism.
- Most of the times, they do not smile like normal children. Or rather, they will not have a social smile. This will be evident from 6 months.
- Babies start babbling by the time they are 1 year of age. But children with autism do not.
- Most autistic children make minimal eye contact or no eye contact at all.
- Normal children start uttering words when they are 16 months. But children with autism do not.
- Autistic children do not show any interest in games.
It is important to identify and treat autism at a young age. If diagnosed early, autism can be cured to a large extent.
Support us to make NewzHook Sustainable – Make a Contribution Today
We need your continued support to enable us work towards Changing Attitudes towards Disability. Help us in our attempt to share the voices of people with disabilities that enable them to participate in the society on an equal footing!