Simply Reading, the app that makes reading e-books easy for people with vision loss
Simply Reading is an app that has been created for easy reading of EPUB books compatible with screen reading software.
It means that the app can be used by people with vision loss to read e-books without any complicated technology.
The app comes with a simple guide which also has list of gestures that can be used with, and without, talk back screen reader.
The creators developed the app so that disabled readers can access all books available digitally.
The aim of the app is to provide a simple yet accessible tool that can be used to access books on a touch screen device.
The Simply Reading app has been created by the DAISY Consortium. It is supported by the Seeing Is Believing programme of Standard Chartered Bank.
Users of the app can access books from various sources such as device memory, Bookshare, Dropbox, Sugamya Pusthakalaya, and Gutenbergh, to name a few.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News