Simply Reading, the app that makes reading e-books easy for people with vision loss
Simply Reading is an app that has been created for easy reading of EPUB books compatible with screen reading software.
It means that the app can be used by people with vision loss to read e-books without any complicated technology.
The app comes with a simple guide which also has list of gestures that can be used with, and without, talk back screen reader.
The creators developed the app so that disabled readers can access all books available digitally.
The aim of the app is to provide a simple yet accessible tool that can be used to access books on a touch screen device.
The Simply Reading app has been created by the DAISY Consortium. It is supported by the Seeing Is Believing programme of Standard Chartered Bank.
Users of the app can access books from various sources such as device memory, Bookshare, Dropbox, Sugamya Pusthakalaya, and Gutenbergh, to name a few.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018