Simply Reading, the app that makes reading e-books easy for people with vision loss
May 5, 2018
Simply Reading is an app that has been created for easy reading of EPUB books compatible with screen reading software.
It means that the app can be used by people with vision loss to read e-books without any complicated technology.
The app comes with a simple guide which also has list of gestures that can be used with, and without, talk back screen reader.
The creators developed the app so that disabled readers can access all books available digitally.
The aim of the app is to provide a simple yet accessible tool that can be used to access books on a touch screen device.
The Simply Reading app has been created by the DAISY Consortium. It is supported by the Seeing Is Believing programme of Standard Chartered Bank.
Users of the app can access books from various sources such as device memory, Bookshare, Dropbox, Sugamya Pusthakalaya, and Gutenbergh, to name a few.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 12, 2019
Headlines April 21, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News