Simply Reading, the app that makes reading e-books easy for people with vision loss
May 5, 2018
Simply Reading is an app that has been created for easy reading of EPUB books compatible with screen reading software.
It means that the app can be used by people with vision loss to read e-books without any complicated technology.
The app comes with a simple guide which also has list of gestures that can be used with, and without, talk back screen reader.
The creators developed the app so that disabled readers can access all books available digitally.
The aim of the app is to provide a simple yet accessible tool that can be used to access books on a touch screen device.
The Simply Reading app has been created by the DAISY Consortium. It is supported by the Seeing Is Believing programme of Standard Chartered Bank.
Users of the app can access books from various sources such as device memory, Bookshare, Dropbox, Sugamya Pusthakalaya, and Gutenbergh, to name a few.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News