INKLUDE offers inclusive education products for blind students
New Delhi-based social venture INKLUDE has come up with inclusive education products like books and games for blind children and adults.
INKLUDE aims to change the way Braille and geometrical shapes are taught to blind people. They have launched a wide range of educational and recreational devices, which can be used by children with and without vision.
Children who are blind depend on touch or their tactile sense to experience the world. However, Braille books and aids that are available are not inclusive. This makes it hard for a sighted teacher, parent, or friend to teach a blind child to read. When it comes to teaching them shapes and geometry, there are no books available which have proper tactile images.
The books introduced by INKLUDE are integrated with special embossing technique. This does not disturb the reading experience of a sighted reader and at the same time it can be read by a blind person by sensing the tactile Braille and images through their fingers.
INKLUDE is owned by Chanakya Mudrak Pvt. Ltd., which is an award winning Delhi based printing company. It has worked on some of India's prestigious inclusive projects like the development of NCERT’s inclusive Children’s exemplar books, Audio-Braille Accessible Menus, Tactile alphabet books and many more such inclusive products.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Technology November 19, 2018 Artificial Intelligence makes a huge impact in lives of disabled people
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Ranveer & Deepika back in India after tying the knot
- Accessibility November 15, 2018 Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News