Free summer camp for children with special needs in Hyderabad
May 6, 2018
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is organizing a free summer camp for children with special needs. The camp was inaugurated on Saturday.
The summer camp will provide lessons on basic computers and reading English. Fun activities like dance, music, fancy dress, arts and crafts are also included at the event.
The camp will be held at the National Park for People with Special Needs in Malakpet. This is a one-of-a -kind park in Hyderabad. The park provides recreational facilities and therapy sessions for children with special needs.
Physiotherapy consultation and treatment, speech therapy, psychological assessment, counselling, audiology testing, behaviour therapy for special needs children will be provided at the summer camp. Consultations will be done free of cost. Children above 15 years of age will be provided with a vocational training as well.
The park is accessible with wheelchair ramps everywhere. There are specially designed play equipment which can be used by all children.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Saswati Singh's efforts to empower people with disabilities takes off as Nav Prerna Foundation
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 #RareDiseases - Organisation for Rare Diseases in India is out to change perceptions
- Events July 11, 2019 Wilson’s Disease Support Group Meeting
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Behavior as a communication tool
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Parasports July 9, 2019 Ahead of crucial World Cup match, India's disabled cricketers have tips for Team India
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News