Free summer camp for children with special needs in Hyderabad
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is organizing a free summer camp for children with special needs. The camp was inaugurated on Saturday.
The summer camp will provide lessons on basic computers and reading English. Fun activities like dance, music, fancy dress, arts and crafts are also included at the event.
The camp will be held at the National Park for People with Special Needs in Malakpet. This is a one-of-a -kind park in Hyderabad. The park provides recreational facilities and therapy sessions for children with special needs.
Physiotherapy consultation and treatment, speech therapy, psychological assessment, counselling, audiology testing, behaviour therapy for special needs children will be provided at the summer camp. Consultations will be done free of cost. Children above 15 years of age will be provided with a vocational training as well.
The park is accessible with wheelchair ramps everywhere. There are specially designed play equipment which can be used by all children.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Bhopal is hosting Deaf Festival 2019, know more
- Headlines January 22, 2019 'Uri: The Surgical Strike' becomes the 1st hit of 2019
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Jisha’s journey with art is a story of determination, passion
- Get-hooked January 20, 2019 Understanding Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Accessibility January 18, 2019 Goa Carnival 2019 promises to be wheelchair accessible
- Parasports January 22, 2019 “My blade are my wings to fly”- My Take by Sajesh Krishnan, Kerala’s first blade runner
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News