Free summer camp for children with special needs in Hyderabad
May 6, 2018
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is organizing a free summer camp for children with special needs. The camp was inaugurated on Saturday.
The summer camp will provide lessons on basic computers and reading English. Fun activities like dance, music, fancy dress, arts and crafts are also included at the event.
The camp will be held at the National Park for People with Special Needs in Malakpet. This is a one-of-a -kind park in Hyderabad. The park provides recreational facilities and therapy sessions for children with special needs.
Physiotherapy consultation and treatment, speech therapy, psychological assessment, counselling, audiology testing, behaviour therapy for special needs children will be provided at the summer camp. Consultations will be done free of cost. Children above 15 years of age will be provided with a vocational training as well.
The park is accessible with wheelchair ramps everywhere. There are specially designed play equipment which can be used by all children.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Urmi Foundation helps disabled kids from poor communities get access to education
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - Behind swimming champ Ankita Anvikar's success story is mom Anjali
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News