Free summer camp for children with special needs in Hyderabad
May 6, 2018
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is organizing a free summer camp for children with special needs. The camp was inaugurated on Saturday.
The summer camp will provide lessons on basic computers and reading English. Fun activities like dance, music, fancy dress, arts and crafts are also included at the event.
The camp will be held at the National Park for People with Special Needs in Malakpet. This is a one-of-a -kind park in Hyderabad. The park provides recreational facilities and therapy sessions for children with special needs.
Physiotherapy consultation and treatment, speech therapy, psychological assessment, counselling, audiology testing, behaviour therapy for special needs children will be provided at the summer camp. Consultations will be done free of cost. Children above 15 years of age will be provided with a vocational training as well.
The park is accessible with wheelchair ramps everywhere. There are specially designed play equipment which can be used by all children.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Headlines March 24, 2019 PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Disabled people share uncomfortable encounters on social media with hash tag #AbledsAreWeird
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 An inclusive blindfolded walkathon at Delhi University aims to build inclusion
- Headlines March 24, 2019 Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News