Free summer camp for children with special needs in Hyderabad
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is organizing a free summer camp for children with special needs. The camp was inaugurated on Saturday.
The summer camp will provide lessons on basic computers and reading English. Fun activities like dance, music, fancy dress, arts and crafts are also included at the event.
The camp will be held at the National Park for People with Special Needs in Malakpet. This is a one-of-a -kind park in Hyderabad. The park provides recreational facilities and therapy sessions for children with special needs.
Physiotherapy consultation and treatment, speech therapy, psychological assessment, counselling, audiology testing, behaviour therapy for special needs children will be provided at the summer camp. Consultations will be done free of cost. Children above 15 years of age will be provided with a vocational training as well.
The park is accessible with wheelchair ramps everywhere. There are specially designed play equipment which can be used by all children.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Some tips to make learning fun for children with autism
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Sushmita Sen puts an end to marriage rumours on social media
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Accessibility November 12, 2018 I want to make a mobile app accessible to visually impaired! Really? - Guest column by Shilpi Kapoor, Founder, Barrier Break
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Vijay’s ‘Sarkar’ enters Rs 100 Crore club amidst controversies
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 Inclusive trek near Bengaluru brings visually impaired & sighted people together
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News