Clothes recycling business provides employment to disabled workers
May 7, 2018
Centre of Clothes To Good (C2G) , is clothes recycling business run by Jesse Naidoo in Africa.
He is helped in the business by several disabled workers and also mothers of children with disabilities.
Old clothing is sorted and segregated and the sold to the women at a reasonable cost.
These clothes are then sold in the local markets at profit and help the mothers make money.
There are around 60 women, mostly mothers of disabled children, who are involved in the selling of old clothes.
The business helps them work to make money while keeping flexible hours so that they can take care of their babies.
Naidoo started the business at a small scale by asking for donations of old clothes. The business has now grown and helps supports many disabled people.
Watch in Sign Language
- Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
June 20, 2019
- SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
June 17, 2019
- Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
June 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 19, 2019 6 jawans injured in terror strike in Pulwama
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News