Clothes recycling business provides employment to disabled workers
Centre of Clothes To Good (C2G) , is clothes recycling business run by Jesse Naidoo in Africa.
He is helped in the business by several disabled workers and also mothers of children with disabilities.
Old clothing is sorted and segregated and the sold to the women at a reasonable cost.
These clothes are then sold in the local markets at profit and help the mothers make money.
There are around 60 women, mostly mothers of disabled children, who are involved in the selling of old clothes.
The business helps them work to make money while keeping flexible hours so that they can take care of their babies.
Naidoo started the business at a small scale by asking for donations of old clothes. The business has now grown and helps supports many disabled people.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events February 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019