Clothes recycling business provides employment to disabled workers
May 7, 2018
Centre of Clothes To Good (C2G) , is clothes recycling business run by Jesse Naidoo in Africa.
He is helped in the business by several disabled workers and also mothers of children with disabilities.
Old clothing is sorted and segregated and the sold to the women at a reasonable cost.
These clothes are then sold in the local markets at profit and help the mothers make money.
There are around 60 women, mostly mothers of disabled children, who are involved in the selling of old clothes.
The business helps them work to make money while keeping flexible hours so that they can take care of their babies.
Naidoo started the business at a small scale by asking for donations of old clothes. The business has now grown and helps supports many disabled people.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News