Mysuru to have polling booths managed exclusively by people with disabilities!
Karnataka will vote on 12 May to form a new government.
For the first time, three polling booths in Mysuru district will be managed exclusively by disabled people! Officials at these booth will take charge without any other help.
This is being done to send out the message that disabled people deserve equal status and opportunities in society, not sympathy.
Booth number 213 at Haniyamballi in Varuna constituency, booth number 75 at Shiramalli in Nanjangud, and booth number 86 at PU College in Shivapura in Krishnaraja constituency have been identified as People with Disabilities Polling Stations.
Authorities say they will soon identify the disabled people who will manage these booths.
Mysuru has 23,646 disabled voters. Chamaraja has the maximum number of disabled voters at 2,377.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
October 19, 2018
- Cycling for children with autism, some information
October 19, 2018
- ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
October 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Accessibility October 12, 2018 A Durga Puja pandal in Kolkata that is accessible to visually impaired people
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Sarbojonin in name only, not in practice - Guest column by Arita Acharjee & Annesha Dasgupta
- Headlines October 14, 2018 Industry 4.0 will create jobs, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Accessibility October 15, 2018 Lucknow zoo becomes blind-friendly, an India first
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 Savlon's new Braille enabled pack gets a big thumbs up. Will other brands follow?
- Get-hooked October 12, 2018 Some ways to celebrate an inclusive dandiya festival
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News