5 tips to reduce risk of eye diseases
Summer is a season of communicable diseases. All sorts of viruses and bacteria are present in the air during this time of the year. It is extremely important to take care of one’s health this season. Eyes are one of the most sensitive parts of our body. Check out these 5 tips for your eyes that must be followed this season.
- Eat healthy- This is one of the most important things to follow this summer. Make sure that your diet is low in fat. Include more of fruits and vegetables this season. Citrus fruits like lemon and orange are ideal for this season. Vegetable oils, nuts, whole grains and dark green leafy vegetables also add to a healthy diet.
- Quit smoking- Are you a smoker? Then you are at the risk of many diseases, including eye problems. Smoking can cause cataract and age-related macular degeneration. It also leads to cardiovascular diseases that lead to eye problems as well. Excessive smoking also causes a condition called the dry eye.
- Know your family history- Some eye diseases are hereditary. For instance, if your parents had macular degeneration, you have a 50 percent chance of getting it. Make sure that you talk to your ophthalmologist about your family’s eye history as well.
- Wear sunglasses- We all apply a sunscreen while going out in the sun to protect our skin from UV rays. Similarly, your eye needs protection too. You must protect it from the hazardous ultra-violet rays. Always wear a sunglass when you go outdoors in order to protect your eyes.
- Ensure to get an eye check-up by 40- Most of the people start getting eye problems when they hit 40 years of age. Make sure that you visit a good ophthalmologist when you are 40 years. This will help you take precautions against eye diseases.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events October 22, 2018 Sixth National Conference on Inclusive Education
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Parasports October 22, 2018 Mandvi Garg battled depression, vision loss to come back as a champion trekker
- Parasports October 22, 2018 India take on Sri Lanka in 5th & final match of T20 blind cricket series today
- Events October 22, 2018 Tandav 5.0 Volunteer Meetup #2
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News