5 tips to reduce risk of eye diseases
Summer is a season of communicable diseases. All sorts of viruses and bacteria are present in the air during this time of the year. It is extremely important to take care of one’s health this season. Eyes are one of the most sensitive parts of our body. Check out these 5 tips for your eyes that must be followed this season.
- Eat healthy- This is one of the most important things to follow this summer. Make sure that your diet is low in fat. Include more of fruits and vegetables this season. Citrus fruits like lemon and orange are ideal for this season. Vegetable oils, nuts, whole grains and dark green leafy vegetables also add to a healthy diet.
- Quit smoking- Are you a smoker? Then you are at the risk of many diseases, including eye problems. Smoking can cause cataract and age-related macular degeneration. It also leads to cardiovascular diseases that lead to eye problems as well. Excessive smoking also causes a condition called the dry eye.
- Know your family history- Some eye diseases are hereditary. For instance, if your parents had macular degeneration, you have a 50 percent chance of getting it. Make sure that you talk to your ophthalmologist about your family’s eye history as well.
- Wear sunglasses- We all apply a sunscreen while going out in the sun to protect our skin from UV rays. Similarly, your eye needs protection too. You must protect it from the hazardous ultra-violet rays. Always wear a sunglass when you go outdoors in order to protect your eyes.
- Ensure to get an eye check-up by 40- Most of the people start getting eye problems when they hit 40 years of age. Make sure that you visit a good ophthalmologist when you are 40 years. This will help you take precautions against eye diseases.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Congress leader jailed for life in anti-Sikh riots case
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Events December 17, 2018 Tycoons Rotary Marathon
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Ezy Mov, the wheelchair taxi service, makes Accessible Goa a reality
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018