5 tips to reduce risk of eye diseases
Summer is a season of communicable diseases. All sorts of viruses and bacteria are present in the air during this time of the year. It is extremely important to take care of one’s health this season. Eyes are one of the most sensitive parts of our body. Check out these 5 tips for your eyes that must be followed this season.
- Eat healthy- This is one of the most important things to follow this summer. Make sure that your diet is low in fat. Include more of fruits and vegetables this season. Citrus fruits like lemon and orange are ideal for this season. Vegetable oils, nuts, whole grains and dark green leafy vegetables also add to a healthy diet.
- Quit smoking- Are you a smoker? Then you are at the risk of many diseases, including eye problems. Smoking can cause cataract and age-related macular degeneration. It also leads to cardiovascular diseases that lead to eye problems as well. Excessive smoking also causes a condition called the dry eye.
- Know your family history- Some eye diseases are hereditary. For instance, if your parents had macular degeneration, you have a 50 percent chance of getting it. Make sure that you talk to your ophthalmologist about your family’s eye history as well.
- Wear sunglasses- We all apply a sunscreen while going out in the sun to protect our skin from UV rays. Similarly, your eye needs protection too. You must protect it from the hazardous ultra-violet rays. Always wear a sunglass when you go outdoors in order to protect your eyes.
- Ensure to get an eye check-up by 40- Most of the people start getting eye problems when they hit 40 years of age. Make sure that you visit a good ophthalmologist when you are 40 years. This will help you take precautions against eye diseases.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019