5 tips to reduce risk of eye diseases
May 9, 2018
Summer is a season of communicable diseases. All sorts of viruses and bacteria are present in the air during this time of the year. It is extremely important to take care of one's health this season. Eyes are one of the most sensitive parts of our body. Check out these 5 tips for your eyes that must be followed this season.
- Eat healthy- This is one of the most important things to follow this summer. Make sure that your diet is low in fat. Include more of fruits and vegetables this season. Citrus fruits like lemon and orange are ideal for this season. Vegetable oils, nuts, whole grains and dark green leafy vegetables also add to a healthy diet.
- Quit smoking- Are you a smoker? Then you are at the risk of many diseases, including eye problems. Smoking can cause cataract and age-related macular degeneration. It also leads to cardiovascular diseases that lead to eye problems as well. Excessive smoking also causes a condition called the dry eye.
- Know your family history- Some eye diseases are hereditary. For instance, if your parents had macular degeneration, you have a 50 percent chance of getting it. Make sure that you talk to your ophthalmologist about your family's eye history as well.
- Wear sunglasses- We all apply a sunscreen while going out in the sun to protect our skin from UV rays. Similarly, your eye needs protection too. You must protect it from the hazardous ultra-violet rays. Always wear a sunglass when you go outdoors in order to protect your eyes.
- Ensure to get an eye check-up by 40- Most of the people start getting eye problems when they hit 40 years of age. Make sure that you visit a good ophthalmologist when you are 40 years. This will help you take precautions against eye diseases.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News