5 tips to reduce risk of eye diseases
May 9, 2018
Summer is a season of communicable diseases. All sorts of viruses and bacteria are present in the air during this time of the year. It is extremely important to take care of one's health this season. Eyes are one of the most sensitive parts of our body. Check out these 5 tips for your eyes that must be followed this season.
- Eat healthy- This is one of the most important things to follow this summer. Make sure that your diet is low in fat. Include more of fruits and vegetables this season. Citrus fruits like lemon and orange are ideal for this season. Vegetable oils, nuts, whole grains and dark green leafy vegetables also add to a healthy diet.
- Quit smoking- Are you a smoker? Then you are at the risk of many diseases, including eye problems. Smoking can cause cataract and age-related macular degeneration. It also leads to cardiovascular diseases that lead to eye problems as well. Excessive smoking also causes a condition called the dry eye.
- Know your family history- Some eye diseases are hereditary. For instance, if your parents had macular degeneration, you have a 50 percent chance of getting it. Make sure that you talk to your ophthalmologist about your family's eye history as well.
- Wear sunglasses- We all apply a sunscreen while going out in the sun to protect our skin from UV rays. Similarly, your eye needs protection too. You must protect it from the hazardous ultra-violet rays. Always wear a sunglass when you go outdoors in order to protect your eyes.
- Ensure to get an eye check-up by 40- Most of the people start getting eye problems when they hit 40 years of age. Make sure that you visit a good ophthalmologist when you are 40 years. This will help you take precautions against eye diseases.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kuldeep Devendra Rawal wants to be a change maker using the power of music
- Lifestyle August 22, 2019 Kurtas for men - Feast your eyes on some amazing designs
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Parasports August 21, 2019 Indian para swimmers successfully swim the Catalina Channel, set Asia record
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-Hooked August 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News