Top 5 holiday destinations for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
People who are deaf and hard of hearing face many challenges while going on a holiday. It’s good to make sure your vacation is as accessible as possible when you plan so you are not stressed out or feel limited in any way.
Here are some holiday ideas for deaf and hard of hearing people based on feedback.
- Cruises - Cruises are a fantastic holiday option for those with hearing loss as you can visit a variety of places without having to pack and repack your luggage. Cruise ships offer a range of services for people who are deaf and hard of hearing like assistive listening devices, closed-captioned telephones, sign language interpreters, and visual-tactile alert systems. Assistive listening systems are also found in theatres on many ships.
- Cairns - This is a popular holiday destination in Australia. There are a number of hotels that cater to the needs of people who are deaf and hard of hearing. A travel agent will help you find the right hotel and organize a plan.
- France - France is very advanced when it comes to catering to the needs of people who are deaf and hard of hearing. There are many tours run by those in the hearing-impaired community. Visitors can visit popular sites using communication methods they feel comfortable with.
- Disney World Resort, Florida - Disney World in the United States is well-known for its customer service for people with hearing needs. These include assistive listening, handheld captioning, sign language interpretation, text typewriter telephones, and written aids. Every guest room in the resort has door knocks and phone alerts, phone amplifiers, and visual-tactile alert systems.
- New York City, United States - This is a popular destination for people with hearing loss as it has a large, hospitable community of deaf and hard of hearing people. Your travel agent can help book you into a hearing-friendly accommodation and find you an appropriate tour.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some driving tips for people with disabilities
November 19, 2018
- Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
November 19, 2018
- 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
November 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
- Accessibility November 15, 2018 Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Rohit Sharma in list of batsmen with over 200 boundaries in T20Is
- Get-hooked November 18, 2018 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 What made Stan Lee's superheroes so magical for children with autism
- Accessibility November 13, 2018 This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 19, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News