Entrepreneur Hari Kumar captures his journey from paralysis to climbing Mt Everest base camp in memoir
As a corporate trainer, Hari Kumar led a busy and hectic life travelling to different cities on work. Until a paralytic attack left him completely immobile and in great pain.
How he managed to overcome this condition through intense therapy and mental strength is the subject matter of his memoir, Mind over Mountain. Kumar's life took a brief halt after his paralytic attack, and he decided to write about his journey.
He describes his day in therapy as intensely painful, both physically and mentally. getting used to the new normal was not easy and he calls those months an 'emotional rollercoaster'.
He was determined to trek through the Himalayas despite the strong objections of his family. He consulted with his doctor and made the trip. Mind over Mountain is a travel account of not just the physical journey but also the mental battles he faced.
Kumar decided to treat the pain as a challenge and pushed himself to make the trip through the Himalayas. He was accompanied by four friends on that freezing journey to the Everest base camp.
From being at the top of his career to feeling helpless due to his disability, Kumar's memoir has been described as a thoughtful account.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News