Entrepreneur Hari Kumar captures his journey from paralysis to climbing Mt Everest base camp in memoir
May 10, 2018
As a corporate trainer, Hari Kumar led a busy and hectic life travelling to different cities on work. Until a paralytic attack left him completely immobile and in great pain.
How he managed to overcome this condition through intense therapy and mental strength is the subject matter of his memoir, Mind over Mountain. Kumar's life took a brief halt after his paralytic attack, and he decided to write about his journey.
He describes his day in therapy as intensely painful, both physically and mentally. getting used to the new normal was not easy and he calls those months an 'emotional rollercoaster'.
He was determined to trek through the Himalayas despite the strong objections of his family. He consulted with his doctor and made the trip. Mind over Mountain is a travel account of not just the physical journey but also the mental battles he faced.
Kumar decided to treat the pain as a challenge and pushed himself to make the trip through the Himalayas. He was accompanied by four friends on that freezing journey to the Everest base camp.
From being at the top of his career to feeling helpless due to his disability, Kumar's memoir has been described as a thoughtful account.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News