Entrepreneur Hari Kumar captures his journey from paralysis to climbing Mt Everest base camp in memoir
May 10, 2018
As a corporate trainer, Hari Kumar led a busy and hectic life travelling to different cities on work. Until a paralytic attack left him completely immobile and in great pain.
How he managed to overcome this condition through intense therapy and mental strength is the subject matter of his memoir, Mind over Mountain. Kumar's life took a brief halt after his paralytic attack, and he decided to write about his journey.
He describes his day in therapy as intensely painful, both physically and mentally. getting used to the new normal was not easy and he calls those months an 'emotional rollercoaster'.
He was determined to trek through the Himalayas despite the strong objections of his family. He consulted with his doctor and made the trip. Mind over Mountain is a travel account of not just the physical journey but also the mental battles he faced.
Kumar decided to treat the pain as a challenge and pushed himself to make the trip through the Himalayas. He was accompanied by four friends on that freezing journey to the Everest base camp.
From being at the top of his career to feeling helpless due to his disability, Kumar's memoir has been described as a thoughtful account.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
- Events August 14, 2019 Dyslexia Awareness Workshop
- Events August 14, 2019 Pop-up and Sign Language session
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News