55Km Walk for UMMEED
A walk to raise awareness about developmental disabilities and support Ummeed's work with children and families.During this annual event held every January, walkers walk upto 55 km in the course of one day. The day starts at around 5.30 am while the stars are still shining.
This first part of the walk is towards the northern end of the beach and back. This is followed by a lunch-break and some relaxation, after which walkers head towards the southern tip and back. This latter portion is often to the accompaniment of a glorious sunset, a nice breeze, and pleasant temperatures.
Shorter walk options (15 and 30 km) are also available. Walkers can use this opportunity to reach out to their friends, family and acquaintances to donate funds to Ummeed in support of their participation in the walk.
- Starts on: Saturday, 12 Jan 2019 at 05:30 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 12 Jan 2019 at 09:00 PM
- City: Goa
- Location: South Goa Coastline
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: Ummeed
- Organizer Phone: +91 22 6248 8100
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http://ummeed.org/the-walk/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Exit polls predict comfortable win for BJP
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 This Pune-based centre aims to build awareness, fight the stigma around schizophrenia
- Headlines May 17, 2019 PM promises to build statue of reformer Vidyasagar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News