55Km Walk for UMMEED
A walk to raise awareness about developmental disabilities and support Ummeed's work with children and families.During this annual event held every January, walkers walk upto 55 km in the course of one day. The day starts at around 5.30 am while the stars are still shining.
This first part of the walk is towards the northern end of the beach and back. This is followed by a lunch-break and some relaxation, after which walkers head towards the southern tip and back. This latter portion is often to the accompaniment of a glorious sunset, a nice breeze, and pleasant temperatures.
Shorter walk options (15 and 30 km) are also available. Walkers can use this opportunity to reach out to their friends, family and acquaintances to donate funds to Ummeed in support of their participation in the walk.
- Starts on: Saturday, 12 Jan 2019 at 05:30 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 12 Jan 2019 at 09:00 PM
- City: Goa
- Location: South Goa Coastline
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: Ummeed
- Organizer Phone: +91 22 6248 8100
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http://ummeed.org/the-walk/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News