55Km Walk for UMMEED
A walk to raise awareness about developmental disabilities and support Ummeed's work with children and families.During this annual event held every January, walkers walk upto 55 km in the course of one day. The day starts at around 5.30 am while the stars are still shining.
This first part of the walk is towards the northern end of the beach and back. This is followed by a lunch-break and some relaxation, after which walkers head towards the southern tip and back. This latter portion is often to the accompaniment of a glorious sunset, a nice breeze, and pleasant temperatures.
Shorter walk options (15 and 30 km) are also available. Walkers can use this opportunity to reach out to their friends, family and acquaintances to donate funds to Ummeed in support of their participation in the walk.
- Starts on: Saturday, 12 Jan 2019 at 05:30 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 12 Jan 2019 at 09:00 PM
- City: Goa
- Location: South Goa Coastline
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: Ummeed
- Organizer Phone: +91 22 6248 8100
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://ummeed.org/the-walk/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Congress fields Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot in Rajasthan, no clarity on who will be CM
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Headlines November 16, 2018 South African President to be Republic Day chief guest
- Headlines November 18, 2018 India-Australia cricket series to begin on 21 November
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 The Executive Age of children with ADHD, find out more
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events November 15, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News