55Km Walk for UMMEED
A walk to raise awareness about developmental disabilities and support Ummeed's work with children and families.During this annual event held every January, walkers walk upto 55 km in the course of one day. The day starts at around 5.30 am while the stars are still shining.
This first part of the walk is towards the northern end of the beach and back. This is followed by a lunch-break and some relaxation, after which walkers head towards the southern tip and back. This latter portion is often to the accompaniment of a glorious sunset, a nice breeze, and pleasant temperatures.
Shorter walk options (15 and 30 km) are also available. Walkers can use this opportunity to reach out to their friends, family and acquaintances to donate funds to Ummeed in support of their participation in the walk.
- Starts on: Saturday, 12 Jan 2019 at 05:30 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 12 Jan 2019 at 09:00 PM
- City: Goa
- Location: South Goa Coastline
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: Ummeed
- Organizer Phone: +91 22 6248 8100
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http://ummeed.org/the-walk/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Kerala government claims 51 women entered Sabarimala since last September
- Headlines January 22, 2019 WhatsApp forwards now limited
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
- Headlines January 23, 2019 Indian-origin Kamala Harris to run for U.S president
- Parasports January 20, 2019 Samarthanam Trust, Pinkathon to.organize ultra-marathon for visually impaired people
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Tight security for women who entered Sabarimala
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News