Para swimmer Satendra Singh aims to make another attempt to cross the English Channel
Para swimmer Satendra Singh is gearing up to break records. He will be part of a team of disabled swimmers who are all set to cross the English Channel next month.
Singh will be part of a four-member team when he makes this daring attempt in June.
Singh, who is from Gwalior, is a 75% disabled swimmer. This 29-year-old is unable to move his lower limbs. He is a wheelchair-user who has represented India at the Paralympics at Rio de Janeiro in 2016 as well.
By crossing the English Channel, these disabled swimmers will create history.
Singh is not new to challenges and winning them. Last year in May, he swam across 36 kms of the Arabian Sea in a time span of 5 hours and 43 minutes. Singh says that he crossed the Arabian Sea as a preparation for aiming at the English Channel.
Singh says that disability is not his weakness. It has only encouraged him to do better and be good as any other normal athlete.
No disability is stopping this young swimmer. We hope that he comes back home with laurels and recognition.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 5, 2018 Disability Heroes - Deaf political candidate Sudeep Shukla is a sign of the changing times
- Headlines December 4, 2018 India’s first engineless ‘Train 18’ completes successful trial run
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Activities that can be fun & stimulating for kids with dyspraxia
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Priyanka Chopra article taken down after angry reactions on social media
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Disability Heroes - Virali Modi is open & proud about her disability
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Prime Minister Modi attends Priyanka-Nick’s reception party
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News