God of Cricket shows a large heart, comes to the rescue of India's wheelchair cricketers
Sachin Tendulkar came to the rescue of wheelchair cricketers of India. He helped organise air tickets and financial support for the players during their recent tour of Bangladesh.
The Indian wheelchair team played a bilateral three-match series against Bangladesh, in that country. They had to run around for financial aid.
When the Master Blaster got to know, he stepped in to extend a helping hand just in time.
Pradeep Raj, who started wheelchair cricket in India, said the team is grateful to Sachin. The team ended up winning the tournament, beating Bangladesh, 2-0, in the three match series.
Organisers said that without Sachin's help, this achievement would not have been possible. Even the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and the International Cricket Council (ICC) did not lend any support.
Wheelchair cricket is played like mainstream cricket with 11 players on the field with virtually the same rules but smaller boundaries of 45 metres.
Watch in Sign Language
- "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
February 19, 2019
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News