God of Cricket shows a large heart, comes to the rescue of India's wheelchair cricketers
Sachin Tendulkar came to the rescue of wheelchair cricketers of India. He helped organise air tickets and financial support for the players during their recent tour of Bangladesh.
The Indian wheelchair team played a bilateral three-match series against Bangladesh, in that country. They had to run around for financial aid.
When the Master Blaster got to know, he stepped in to extend a helping hand just in time.
Pradeep Raj, who started wheelchair cricket in India, said the team is grateful to Sachin. The team ended up winning the tournament, beating Bangladesh, 2-0, in the three match series.
Organisers said that without Sachin's help, this achievement would not have been possible. Even the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and the International Cricket Council (ICC) did not lend any support.
Wheelchair cricket is played like mainstream cricket with 11 players on the field with virtually the same rules but smaller boundaries of 45 metres.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jharkhand girls stand tall despite loss in first inter-state women’s blind cricket tournament
November 20, 2018
- Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy’s wheelchair cricket camp is a success
November 20, 2018
- Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
November 19, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Congress fields Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot in Rajasthan, no clarity on who will be CM
- Headlines November 21, 2018 Delhi air quality still poor, authorities consider artificial rain
- Parasports November 16, 2018 Help blind athletes achieve their best by funding sighted guides, says blind Paralympian Ankur Dhama
- Get-hooked November 21, 2018 Some tips to make day to day activities easier for disabled children
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 It is never the end unless you believe it to be - My Take by Thasveer Muhammed, model, actor & motivational speaker
- Get-hooked November 21, 2018 What causes autism? Some information
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Inclusive ferry ride outing in Mumbai for visually impaired fun seekers
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 Delhi government move to set up ministry for disabled people meets with cautious response
- Accessibility November 21, 2018 Accessible toilets remain a distant dream for India's disabled community
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018