Indore students invent e-walking stick for blind and visually impaired people
Three students from the Acropolis College in Indore in Madhya Pradesh have invented a guiding stick for people who are blind and visually impaired.
This electronic walking stick will help them identify the obstacles on their way correctly. It will also alert them about other kinds of changes that are coming on their path.
The three students behind this invention are Ayush Upadhyay, Mohit Dwivedi and Rohit Dwivedi. They are students of electronics and communication and worked on the stick under the guidance of their professor, Nilesh Dubey.
This electronic walking stick has ultrasonic sensors attached to its upper and lower parts. The sensor in the upper part of the walking stick will inform the user of any hurdle that is coming in the way.
The ultrasonic sensor in the lower part will inform the user about potholes, drains and other type of obstacles. It will also help them walk on the stairs with care.
There are fitted on the guiding stick that will inform other people that a blind or visually impaired person is moving around.
The students are now working on a GPS feature for the guiding stick. This will give the location and other details of the user. If the stick is lost or misplaced somewhere, the user can come to know where to find it.
Watch in Sign Language
- Updated version of Avaz app has plenty to offer, enables access to wider audience
February 21, 2019
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Saudi Arabia Crown in India to strengthen ties
- Events February 21, 2019 Course in Learning Disabilities from Samadhan Goyam
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Court to Anil Ambani - Pay dues or go to jail
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Events February 21, 2019 In- Visible
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019