Indore students invent e-walking stick for blind and visually impaired people
Three students from the Acropolis College in Indore in Madhya Pradesh have invented a guiding stick for people who are blind and visually impaired.
This electronic walking stick will help them identify the obstacles on their way correctly. It will also alert them about other kinds of changes that are coming on their path.
The three students behind this invention are Ayush Upadhyay, Mohit Dwivedi and Rohit Dwivedi. They are students of electronics and communication and worked on the stick under the guidance of their professor, Nilesh Dubey.
This electronic walking stick has ultrasonic sensors attached to its upper and lower parts. The sensor in the upper part of the walking stick will inform the user of any hurdle that is coming in the way.
The ultrasonic sensor in the lower part will inform the user about potholes, drains and other type of obstacles. It will also help them walk on the stairs with care.
There are fitted on the guiding stick that will inform other people that a blind or visually impaired person is moving around.
The students are now working on a GPS feature for the guiding stick. This will give the location and other details of the user. If the stick is lost or misplaced somewhere, the user can come to know where to find it.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Disability Heroes - Neha Agarwal is opening corporate India’s eyes to the AB-ility in disability
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Vijay Mallya offers to pay 100% loans back to the banks
- Accessibility December 6, 2018 Kerala government reserves 4% jobs for disabled people in government-aided educational institutions
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Headlines December 5, 2018 2.0 may soon become Akshay Kumar’s most successful film
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Get-hooked December 5, 2018 Fun, meaningful ways that World Disability Day was celebrated across India
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Wedding preparations of Mukesh Ambani's daughter begin
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018