Accessibility to be made mandatory in all government projects in India
May 15, 2018
Here is some good news. The finance ministry has made it mandatory to include accessibility features in all the upcoming projects in India!
The ministry has asserted that costing for accessibility must also be incorporated when final proposals are sent for expenditure to the department of expenditure committee. This will be a huge blessing to disabled people in India.
The department of expenditure told all ministries to add accessibility as very important. The department added that special measures must be taken to meet needs of disabled people.
Accessibility is the right of disabled people under the Right of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. This new accessibility feature will be included in the completion of all government projects very soon.
The guideline asks all government departments to add the accessibility feature into all their projects at an immediate effect.
The department of empowerment of persons with disabilities (DEPwD) has been demanding for accessibility and inclusion for a long time.
Authorities from DEPwD assured that all government projects will have accessible features from here on. DEPwD will issue guidelines on the same.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Strong links between diet & signs of autism, say experts
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News