Accessibility to be made mandatory in all government projects in India
Here is some good news. The finance ministry has made it mandatory to include accessibility features in all the upcoming projects in India!
The ministry has asserted that costing for accessibility must also be incorporated when final proposals are sent for expenditure to the department of expenditure committee. This will be a huge blessing to disabled people in India.
The department of expenditure told all ministries to add accessibility as very important. The department added that special measures must be taken to meet needs of disabled people.
Accessibility is the right of disabled people under the Right of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. This new accessibility feature will be included in the completion of all government projects very soon.
The guideline asks all government departments to add the accessibility feature into all their projects at an immediate effect.
The department of empowerment of persons with disabilities (DEPwD) has been demanding for accessibility and inclusion for a long time.
Authorities from DEPwD assured that all government projects will have accessible features from here on. DEPwD will issue guidelines on the same.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News