Accessibility to be made mandatory in all government projects in India
May 15, 2018
Here is some good news. The finance ministry has made it mandatory to include accessibility features in all the upcoming projects in India!
The ministry has asserted that costing for accessibility must also be incorporated when final proposals are sent for expenditure to the department of expenditure committee. This will be a huge blessing to disabled people in India.
The department of expenditure told all ministries to add accessibility as very important. The department added that special measures must be taken to meet needs of disabled people.
Accessibility is the right of disabled people under the Right of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. This new accessibility feature will be included in the completion of all government projects very soon.
The guideline asks all government departments to add the accessibility feature into all their projects at an immediate effect.
The department of empowerment of persons with disabilities (DEPwD) has been demanding for accessibility and inclusion for a long time.
Authorities from DEPwD assured that all government projects will have accessible features from here on. DEPwD will issue guidelines on the same.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Archana Palahalli believes in facing odds with a smile
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News