Accessibility to be made mandatory in all government projects in India
Here is some good news. The finance ministry has made it mandatory to include accessibility features in all the upcoming projects in India!
The ministry has asserted that costing for accessibility must also be incorporated when final proposals are sent for expenditure to the department of expenditure committee. This will be a huge blessing to disabled people in India.
The department of expenditure told all ministries to add accessibility as very important. The department added that special measures must be taken to meet needs of disabled people.
Accessibility is the right of disabled people under the Right of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. This new accessibility feature will be included in the completion of all government projects very soon.
The guideline asks all government departments to add the accessibility feature into all their projects at an immediate effect.
The department of empowerment of persons with disabilities (DEPwD) has been demanding for accessibility and inclusion for a long time.
Authorities from DEPwD assured that all government projects will have accessible features from here on. DEPwD will issue guidelines on the same.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Get-hooked November 18, 2018 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
- Education November 15, 2018 Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
- Parasports November 18, 2018 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 It is never the end unless you believe it to be - My Take by Thasveer Muhammed, model, actor & motivational speaker
- Parasports November 20, 2018 Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy’s wheelchair cricket camp is a success
- Parasports November 15, 2018 Mumbai to play host to second wheelchair basketball camp in November
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018