5 shopping tips for wheelchair users
May 17, 2018
Shopping is never an easy task. Running around the store and trying to figure out what you need to pick up is a difficult task for all of us.
The rush can make it a difficult and tiring exercise. And for someone who uses a wheelchair, it can be even more overwhelming.
Here are 5 tips that you can follow to make shopping easier and more fun.
- Make a shopping list- This is the basic thing. Once your list is ready, then you are good to go. Write down all that you need on a notepad. Make sure that you group vegetables, fruits and meat. You need not keep going to the same section to pick up things!
- Find an accessible store- There are many retail chains and supermarkets that are accessible. Ensure that the store has a wheelchair ramp with adequate space between the aisles. The store must have enough space to turn your wheelchair as well.
- Use a hand-held mirror- If you find it difficult to check out things that are kept in large bins, you can always use a hand held mirror.
- Use home delivery services- Most of the grocery shops have home delivery services. If there is a nearby shop, ask them to deliver things to your doorstep.
- Online shopping is the in-thing- There are many grocery websites today. All you need to do is, go online and pick your choose. You can buy fresh vegetables, fruits and even meat online.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News