5 shopping tips for wheelchair users
Shopping is never an easy task. Running around the store and trying to figure out what you need to pick up is a difficult task for all of us.
The rush can make it a difficult and tiring exercise. And for someone who uses a wheelchair, it can be even more overwhelming.
Here are 5 tips that you can follow to make shopping easier and more fun.
- Make a shopping list– This is the basic thing. Once your list is ready, then you are good to go. Write down all that you need on a notepad. Make sure that you group vegetables, fruits and meat. You need not keep going to the same section to pick up things!
- Find an accessible store– There are many retail chains and supermarkets that are accessible. Ensure that the store has a wheelchair ramp with adequate space between the aisles. The store must have enough space to turn your wheelchair as well.
- Use a hand-held mirror– If you find it difficult to check out things that are kept in large bins, you can always use a hand held mirror.
- Use home delivery services– Most of the grocery shops have home delivery services. If there is a nearby shop, ask them to deliver things to your doorstep.
- Online shopping is the in-thing– There are many grocery websites today. All you need to do is, go online and pick your choose. You can buy fresh vegetables, fruits and even meat online.
Support us to make NewzHook Sustainable – Make a Contribution Today
We need your continued support to enable us work towards Changing Attitudes towards Disability. Help us in our attempt to share the voices of people with disabilities that enable them to participate in the society on an equal footing!