Microsoft's new Xbox controller will support the needs of people with range of disabilities
Microsoft has said that it will launch an Xbox controller later this year that has been specifically developed to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
The Xbox adaptive controller can be customised and will support a range of disabilities. This will make video games more accessible. It will be sold across the world on Microsoft digital stores.
The traditional Xbox controller is not designed to meet the needs of gamers with limited mobility. The new controller aims to solve these issues. The controller features two large buttons on the face, which can be operated with hands, elbows or feet.
It can be placed on the player’s lap, on a table, or on the floor, allowing for a number of control options.
The device is wireless and powered by an internal battery. It also comes with its own optional power supply. There are mouth-operated quadsticks, controllers designed for quadriplegic players that use a sip and puff tube for inputs.
There is a headphone socket and, on the base, a set of mounting ports. These allow players to fix the controller to a tripod.
Watch in Sign Language
- Microsoft introduces real-time captions and translations to Skype and PowerPoint
December 17, 2018
- Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
December 10, 2018
- Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
December 5, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Headlines December 17, 2018 P V Sindhu makes history, becomes 1st Indian to win BWF World Tour title
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018