Microsoft's new Xbox controller will support the needs of people with range of disabilities
May 18, 2018
Microsoft has said that it will launch an Xbox controller later this year that has been specifically developed to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
The Xbox adaptive controller can be customised and will support a range of disabilities. This will make video games more accessible. It will be sold across the world on Microsoft digital stores.
The traditional Xbox controller is not designed to meet the needs of gamers with limited mobility. The new controller aims to solve these issues. The controller features two large buttons on the face, which can be operated with hands, elbows or feet.
It can be placed on the player's lap, on a table, or on the floor, allowing for a number of control options.
The device is wireless and powered by an internal battery. It also comes with its own optional power supply. There are mouth-operated quadsticks, controllers designed for quadriplegic players that use a sip and puff tube for inputs.
There is a headphone socket and, on the base, a set of mounting ports. These allow players to fix the controller to a tripod.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News