Raaya, a film about a girl with autism, is India's short film entry at Cannes Film Festival
May 19, 2018
The Cannes Film Festival 2018 is happening in full swing. India has a lot of reasons to be proud of.
The Indian entry, Raaya, a short film about a seven-year-old girl with autism was screened at the Short Film Corner section of Cannes.
The film talks about her struggles with different therapies during childhood. Her life changes for good when she meets a hypnotherapist.
Raaya is directed by Nitin Shingal and produced by Rakesh Gupta. Hypnotherapist Richa Agarwal has written the script for the movie.
Gupta said that it is a great honour that Raaya was screened at the festival. He also said that it was a great motivation for an independent producer to represent India at Cannes.
Raaya is a positive movie and the filmmakers hope that parents of children with autism feel optimistic and hopeful after watching it.
The movie was screened at Cannes Film Festival on Friday. Raaya has also been shortlisted for international film festivals in Los Angeles and Romania.
Watch in Sign Language
- Differences in viewpoints must be respected. - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
August 26, 2019
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Blind student in Delhi threatened & robbed, Delhi Police slammed for failure to respond
August 25, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 25, 2019 Ex Minister Arun Jaitley is no more
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Security hiked for Indian cricket team
- Parasports August 26, 2019 National selection camp for wheelchair basketball underway in Chennai
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
- Events August 21, 2019 GO PLAY - A Parent Education Program
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
- Headlines August 26, 2019 PV Sindhu becomes World Champion
- Technology August 25, 2019 18-year-old with autism wins fans across the world with his app Aumi
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News