Raaya, a film about a girl with autism, is India's short film entry at Cannes Film Festival
May 19, 2018
The Cannes Film Festival 2018 is happening in full swing. India has a lot of reasons to be proud of.
The Indian entry, Raaya, a short film about a seven-year-old girl with autism was screened at the Short Film Corner section of Cannes.
The film talks about her struggles with different therapies during childhood. Her life changes for good when she meets a hypnotherapist.
Raaya is directed by Nitin Shingal and produced by Rakesh Gupta. Hypnotherapist Richa Agarwal has written the script for the movie.
Gupta said that it is a great honour that Raaya was screened at the festival. He also said that it was a great motivation for an independent producer to represent India at Cannes.
Raaya is a positive movie and the filmmakers hope that parents of children with autism feel optimistic and hopeful after watching it.
The movie was screened at Cannes Film Festival on Friday. Raaya has also been shortlisted for international film festivals in Los Angeles and Romania.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Saurav Ganguly says Pakistan is a World Cup favourite
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Violence in West Bengal over vandalising of iconic statue
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News