Raaya, a film about a girl with autism, is India's short film entry at Cannes Film Festival
The Cannes Film Festival 2018 is happening in full swing. India has a lot of reasons to be proud of.
The Indian entry, Raaya, a short film about a seven-year-old girl with autism was screened at the Short Film Corner section of Cannes.
The film talks about her struggles with different therapies during childhood. Her life changes for good when she meets a hypnotherapist.
Raaya is directed by Nitin Shingal and produced by Rakesh Gupta. Hypnotherapist Richa Agarwal has written the script for the movie.
Gupta said that it is a great honour that Raaya was screened at the festival. He also said that it was a great motivation for an independent producer to represent India at Cannes.
Raaya is a positive movie and the filmmakers hope that parents of children with autism feel optimistic and hopeful after watching it.
The movie was screened at Cannes Film Festival on Friday. Raaya has also been shortlisted for international film festivals in Los Angeles and Romania.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some common misconceptions about Braille
January 24, 2019
- Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
January 23, 2019
- The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Bhopal is hosting Deaf Festival 2019, know more
- Get-hooked January 20, 2019 Understanding Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Amputee Mayur Dumasia's 5-state cycling expedition is an inspiration to all
- Headlines January 23, 2019 3 top cricket awards for Virat in 2018
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Changing lives of disabled people for the better, the Swabhiman way
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Dhoni becomes 4th Indian to record 1,000 one day runs in Australia
- Accessibility January 24, 2019 Disability groups fume over Supreme Court order on "reasonable sight, hearing, speech faculties" for judicial officer
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
- Parasports January 22, 2019 “My blade are my wings to fly”- My Take by Sajesh Krishnan, Kerala’s first blade runner
- Headlines January 21, 2019 PM launches National Museum of Indian Cinema
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News