Raaya, a film about a girl with autism, is India's short film entry at Cannes Film Festival
May 19, 2018
The Cannes Film Festival 2018 is happening in full swing. India has a lot of reasons to be proud of.
The Indian entry, Raaya, a short film about a seven-year-old girl with autism was screened at the Short Film Corner section of Cannes.
The film talks about her struggles with different therapies during childhood. Her life changes for good when she meets a hypnotherapist.
Raaya is directed by Nitin Shingal and produced by Rakesh Gupta. Hypnotherapist Richa Agarwal has written the script for the movie.
Gupta said that it is a great honour that Raaya was screened at the festival. He also said that it was a great motivation for an independent producer to represent India at Cannes.
Raaya is a positive movie and the filmmakers hope that parents of children with autism feel optimistic and hopeful after watching it.
The movie was screened at Cannes Film Festival on Friday. Raaya has also been shortlisted for international film festivals in Los Angeles and Romania.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Need more movies to portray disability in a sensitive manner, say activists
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Bangladesh cricketers escaped terror attack closely
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 In enabling son Advait to unlock his potential, mom Smrithy came into her own as an empowered parent
- Headlines March 18, 2019 New Zealand attack - 3 men from Hyderabad among 50 killed
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked March 21, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News