Raaya, a film about a girl with autism, is India's short film entry at Cannes Film Festival
The Cannes Film Festival 2018 is happening in full swing. India has a lot of reasons to be proud of.
The Indian entry, Raaya, a short film about a seven-year-old girl with autism was screened at the Short Film Corner section of Cannes.
The film talks about her struggles with different therapies during childhood. Her life changes for good when she meets a hypnotherapist.
Raaya is directed by Nitin Shingal and produced by Rakesh Gupta. Hypnotherapist Richa Agarwal has written the script for the movie.
Gupta said that it is a great honour that Raaya was screened at the festival. He also said that it was a great motivation for an independent producer to represent India at Cannes.
Raaya is a positive movie and the filmmakers hope that parents of children with autism feel optimistic and hopeful after watching it.
The movie was screened at Cannes Film Festival on Friday. Raaya has also been shortlisted for international film festivals in Los Angeles and Romania.
Watch in Sign Language
- Hum-Drum, a participatory musical program for children with disabilities - My Take by Rzhude David
October 23, 2018
- Check out these fun indoor games for children with autism
October 23, 2018
- What matters is how we run the race - Guest Column by Vineet Saraiwala, visually impaired marathoner
October 22, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
- Events October 17, 2018 NAB Presents Interactive Meeting with a Global Leader in Accessibility
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer to get married on 15 November
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Education October 20, 2018 Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News