Livox app makes communication easier for disabled people
May 20, 2018
Carlos Pereira from Brazil has developed an app that can help people with disabilities communicate more easily. Called Livox, the app will use special algorithms to interpret motor, cognitive, and visual disorders. It will also predict and understand what the person with a disability wants or needs!
The longer a person uses Livox, the more the app will understand and connect with the person. Pereira's 10-year-old daughter has cerebral palsy, which led the this computer scientist quit his job and work on Livox. He wanted to communicate with his daughter. In the process, he has developed an app that is a blessing to thousands of people with disabilities.
Pereira is a happy man now. He says that he can understand what his daughter is trying to think and communicate. He believes that every person has the need and urge to communicate.
In order to develop the app, Pereira spent time with more than 100 disabled people at rehabilitation centres across Brazil.
Today, Livox has more than 20,000 users. People with Down's syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy or multiple sclerosis are users of this app.
Livox is cheap and quick as well. This makes it accessible for people who are from economically backward families. A licence for Livox costs only US$250. It is compatible with the cheapest of tablets as well.
Pereira hopes that Livox can reach more disabled people across the globe.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 18, 2019 Conference – Deglobalishing Disability : Texts and Contexts
- Events July 18, 2019 Inclusive Art : Shifting From Neurotypical Frameworks
- Events July 16, 2019 Trek to Chandratal Baralacha La
- Events July 19, 2019 Human Festival - Inclusive Art Music Festival
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News