Chandigarh to have dedicated sports trainers for disabled students
May 23, 2018
The Chandigarh administration has told the Punjab and Haryana High Court that disabled students at government schools are trained in sports and other activities by physical education teachers and special educators.
This came up when the court was hearing a petition filed by disabled children in the state. The Chandigarh administration has claimed that it is making all possible efforts to provide facilities for disabled children for sports and recreation. Various activities are planned according to the budgets that are sanctioned.
The bench asserted that private schools must also come forward to show the facilities that have been made available for disabled students. All the details must be provided to the court at the earliest.
Many private schools have given the number of disabled students in their institutions. But none have given details about the nature of the disability.
25 special educators are appointed under the centrally sponsored scheme of Sarv Shiksha Abhiyan and Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan in 114 schools. All of them are on contract basis at private schools. But there are no special educators in government schools.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 National award winner, dancer & sportsman, all-rounder Akshay inspires youngsters
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Rewire your brain – Guest Column by Dr Elavatsala Sharma
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Kolkata school for kids with disabilities to stay shut until investigation into drowning death is over
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Parikkar given state funeral with military honours
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 In enabling son Advait to unlock his potential, mom Smrithy came into her own as an empowered parent
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 How a Facebook page helped rally a support group for wheelchair users in Kerala
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked March 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News