Chennai special school students come out in flying colours in class 10 exam
May 25, 2018
The staff and students at the Little Flower Convent Higher Secondary School for blind and deaf in Chennai are very excited. All the students from the special school have passed with flying colours. Most of them have scored high marks as well!
Taseen, a deaf student at the school, scored 332 out of 400. She got the highest marks in math. Taseen's mother Tabassum is proud of her daughter. After she lost her husband a few years ago, Tabassum has been working hard to raise her only daughter. Tabassum says that Taseen is aiming for nothing lesser than the stars.
Another student, Arshanaaz, scored 309 out of 400. Her father Mutheeb Ahmad is very excited about his daughter's scores. Mutheeb's wife and both children are deaf and speech impaired. Mutheeb says that his children work very hard to prove how efficient they are in academics and extra-curricular activities.
Vinitha scored the highest from the blind school. She scored 456 out of 500 marks. She says that she found all the subjects were easy for her, except math.
Salomi, who lived on the pavements of Chennai with her father, scored 77%.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 15, 2019 Re-polling ordered for Faridabad constituency
- Accessibility May 15, 2019 Election Commission falls short of accessibility goals, faces heat from disability rights groups
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 In a first, people with disabilities attend the famous Thrissur Pooram
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 #TechThursdays - Remote-controlled toilet bed is a life saver for people bedridden due to disability
- Education May 17, 2019 'Kannada Pustaka' open online library is empowering thousands of visually impaired students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News