Here are 5 foods for healthy eyes
Eyes are one of the most important parts of the human body. They are very sensitive and require a lot of care. There are many ways to protect the eyes from dust, pollution and Ultra-violet rays. But good foods are also important for healthy eyes.
Here are 5 foods that help in eye care
- Green leafy vegetables- Antioxidants in green leafy vegetables protect your eyes from cataract and macular degeneration. Spinach, broccoli, beans, avocados, and peas are ideal. Make sure that you add them to your lunch or dinner.
- Green Tea- Catcehins are anti-inflammatory substances found in green tea. They are also rich in antioxidants that can prevent many eye diseases. Enjoy a cup of green tea with breakfast every day. It keeps your body and eyes healthy!
- Almonds- Vitamin E is extremely good for the eyes. Almonds are rich sources of Vitamin E. Almonds can be added to your daily foods or even eaten as a snack. But they are high in calories. So make sure that you do not over eat them.
- Carrots- Over the years, experts have proved that carrots are beneficial for the eyes. They are rich sources of Vitamin A and Beta carotene. It helps prevent eye infections and other eye conditions.
- Oranges- Citrus fruits are rich sources of Vitamin C. They contribute to healthy blood vessels in eyes. It can also help you stay away from age related eye problems, cataract and so on.