Retreat, UK's first film scripted in sign language, hopes to revolutionize the movie industry
May 26, 2018
There is much excitement over Retreat, United Kingdom's first movie to feature a deaf cast.
The actors will sign their dialogues. Those who don't know British Sign Language will read the subtitles to find out what is going on.
The filmmaker is Ted Evans, who was born deaf. However, Evans says his film is not only for deaf audiences.
Evans says that Retreat happens to be a story about a group of deaf people who communicate in sign language.
Evans says there are many deaf people who feel frustrated while watching films frustrating with no subtitles. He also believes that deaf people are often represented by filmmakers who do not understand what it is like to have no hearing.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News