Retreat, UK's first film scripted in sign language, hopes to revolutionize the movie industry
There is much excitement over Retreat, United Kingdom's first movie to feature a deaf cast.
The actors will sign their dialogues. Those who don't know British Sign Language will read the subtitles to find out what is going on.
The filmmaker is Ted Evans, who was born deaf. However, Evans says his film is not only for deaf audiences.
Evans says that Retreat happens to be a story about a group of deaf people who communicate in sign language.
Evans says there are many deaf people who feel frustrated while watching films frustrating with no subtitles. He also believes that deaf people are often represented by filmmakers who do not understand what it is like to have no hearing.
Watch in Sign Language
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018