Retreat, UK's first film scripted in sign language, hopes to revolutionize the movie industry
May 26, 2018
There is much excitement over Retreat, United Kingdom's first movie to feature a deaf cast.
The actors will sign their dialogues. Those who don't know British Sign Language will read the subtitles to find out what is going on.
The filmmaker is Ted Evans, who was born deaf. However, Evans says his film is not only for deaf audiences.
Evans says that Retreat happens to be a story about a group of deaf people who communicate in sign language.
Evans says there are many deaf people who feel frustrated while watching films frustrating with no subtitles. He also believes that deaf people are often represented by filmmakers who do not understand what it is like to have no hearing.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News