ONKYO essay Competition 2018 for Visually Impaired
It gives us immense pleasure to inform you all that The Asian Blind Union (ABU) is a Regional union of World Blind Union and it organizes every year essay competitions for blind candidates in the region through its affiliates in the country.
This year, this ONKYO essay Competition 2018 is being organised by National Association for the Blind in India on behalf of ABU. We therefore request you to send the essays as per the following details from willing blind candidates of your organisation/institution/university/college along with their individual details to the following E-mail address so as to reach us latest by 31st May, 2018. We give below the relevant information about the competition as under.
The participant must be Visually Impaired. Essay Topics: Types of discrimination in your society, its sources, how to foster culture of nondiscrimination? Happiness, how? Political leaders or ministers with visual impairment, why we don’t have, how to make it happen? To be an independent blind person, how do you understand it and how is it achieved?
Instructions for Writers:
Each visually impaired participant has to write on one topic only. Number of words of the essay ranges from 500 to 1000 words, Participant can write the essay in local language but they have to send along with the same its English translation, as the competition is on international level.
Personal information of the participant should be sent in the attached format along with the essay before 31st May, 2018 by Email.
First prize is $1000 Second prize is $500 for one winner of the group below age 25 and one winner of the group above age 25 Third prize is $200 for two winners below age 25 and two winners above age 25. The Essays so received will be evaluated by a local selection committee and five best essays so selected will be sent to the international selection committee of Asian Blind Union for further selection of the Essays for the prizes.
- Starts on: Wednesday, 30 May 2018 at 12:00 AM
- Ends on: Thursday, 31 May 2018 at 12:00 AM
- City: Mumbai
- Location: National Association for the Blind
- Event Charges: Free
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: National Association for the Blind
- Organizer Phone: 022 24935370, 24932539, 24932913
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http://www.nabindia.org/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News