Helping children with autism have a good time during the vacations
May 28, 2018
Spending fun time with children is vital for their overall development and growth. For children with autism, play time can also be made fun and productive.
Some simple considerations can make playtime fun and educational for children with autism.
When planning an activity, make a detailed plan and discuss it beforehand with the child. Telling them about what to expect can help them feel comfortable during the activity
Tell the child about how the day will go, laying out the highlights of the schedule. This is important for them.
Routines are important to children with autism and it is advisable to stick to them. Follow the routine every day in vacations, such as waking up on the same time, taking meals.
Do the activities as a team. Children are encouraged when the family does activities together.
- Appreciate the children when they do well. A little praise goes a long way in making them feel good about themselves and taking more interest in the activities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News