Helping children with autism have a good time during the vacations
May 28, 2018
Spending fun time with children is vital for their overall development and growth. For children with autism, play time can also be made fun and productive.
Some simple considerations can make playtime fun and educational for children with autism.
When planning an activity, make a detailed plan and discuss it beforehand with the child. Telling them about what to expect can help them feel comfortable during the activity
Tell the child about how the day will go, laying out the highlights of the schedule. This is important for them.
Routines are important to children with autism and it is advisable to stick to them. Follow the routine every day in vacations, such as waking up on the same time, taking meals.
Do the activities as a team. Children are encouraged when the family does activities together.
- Appreciate the children when they do well. A little praise goes a long way in making them feel good about themselves and taking more interest in the activities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News