Helping children with autism have a good time during the vacations
Spending fun time with children is vital for their overall development and growth. For children with autism, play time can also be made fun and productive.
Some simple considerations can make playtime fun and educational for children with autism.
When planning an activity, make a detailed plan and discuss it beforehand with the child. Telling them about what to expect can help them feel comfortable during the activity
Tell the child about how the day will go, laying out the highlights of the schedule. This is important for them.
Routines are important to children with autism and it is advisable to stick to them. Follow the routine every day in vacations, such as waking up on the same time, taking meals.
Do the activities as a team. Children are encouraged when the family does activities together.
- Appreciate the children when they do well. A little praise goes a long way in making them feel good about themselves and taking more interest in the activities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News