Helping children with autism have a good time during the vacations
Spending fun time with children is vital for their overall development and growth. For children with autism, play time can also be made fun and productive.
Some simple considerations can make playtime fun and educational for children with autism.
When planning an activity, make a detailed plan and discuss it beforehand with the child. Telling them about what to expect can help them feel comfortable during the activity
Tell the child about how the day will go, laying out the highlights of the schedule. This is important for them.
Routines are important to children with autism and it is advisable to stick to them. Follow the routine every day in vacations, such as waking up on the same time, taking meals.
Do the activities as a team. Children are encouraged when the family does activities together.
- Appreciate the children when they do well. A little praise goes a long way in making them feel good about themselves and taking more interest in the activities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Events December 13, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018