Disability has not stopped entrepreneur Sangita Desai from seeking new frontiers
May 28, 2018
Sangita Desai is the first Indian woman entrepreneur behind a line of grooming essentials for men. She is the co-founder of Raw Nature Company, that offers a line of safe, nature-based products that are free of harmful chemicals.
What makes her achievements even more remarkable is that she was born with Symbrachydactyly. The fingers of one hand are missing since birth so Sangita has one functional hand. However, she has always approached life with a strong sense of optimism and positivity.
Sangita first made her mark in the fashion designing scene. She was among a handful of Indians with a degree in fashion from an international institute. Her collections were sold at India's most premiere fashion stores in many cities. She has also designed costumes for advertising campaigns of Aishwarya Rai, and other Miss India contestants.
She faced a setback in 2006 when the Mumbai floods washed away her entire studio and all her collections. She switched careers and joined her father's essential oils business. She started to export essential oils and expanded her father's business in a major way.
In 2017, she used this experience to start Raw Nature Company. The brand uses ancient superfoods to develop products for men. It is one of the first brands in India to introduce products for men.
The products are not tested on animals, vegan, and free of any artificial colours or fragrances, and harmful chemicals.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News