Disability has not stopped entrepreneur Sangita Desai from seeking new frontiers
May 28, 2018
Sangita Desai is the first Indian woman entrepreneur behind a line of grooming essentials for men. She is the co-founder of Raw Nature Company, that offers a line of safe, nature-based products that are free of harmful chemicals.
What makes her achievements even more remarkable is that she was born with Symbrachydactyly. The fingers of one hand are missing since birth so Sangita has one functional hand. However, she has always approached life with a strong sense of optimism and positivity.
Sangita first made her mark in the fashion designing scene. She was among a handful of Indians with a degree in fashion from an international institute. Her collections were sold at India's most premiere fashion stores in many cities. She has also designed costumes for advertising campaigns of Aishwarya Rai, and other Miss India contestants.
She faced a setback in 2006 when the Mumbai floods washed away her entire studio and all her collections. She switched careers and joined her father's essential oils business. She started to export essential oils and expanded her father's business in a major way.
In 2017, she used this experience to start Raw Nature Company. The brand uses ancient superfoods to develop products for men. It is one of the first brands in India to introduce products for men.
The products are not tested on animals, vegan, and free of any artificial colours or fragrances, and harmful chemicals.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Parasports June 19, 2019 Tamil Nadu set to rock the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News