Treat my disability as 'this ability', says Kargil war hero & blade runner in an inspiring speech
Major (Retd) D P Singh, a Kargil War veteran who is India's first blade runner, says his disability should be treated as "this ability".
In an inspiring speech to senior Army officers and disabled soldiers at the Jaipur Military Station, he shared his near-death experience during the war.
Major Singh survived many injuries during the 1999 Kargil War, but lost his leg to a mortar fire from Pakistan. He had to fight a tough mental battle against his physical disability. In his speech, he talked about this and urged others to do the same.
He said that people should not be defeated by negative thoughts. Major Singh says that his approach was to accept the new challenges that came up in his life.
Major Singh's extraordinary journey from an Army officer to an amputee marathon runner has made him a much wanted motivational speaker.
He shared his three-point success formula with the audience. These are to accept the reality, learn to control the mind, and increase the capacity to achieve what you have wished.
Major Singh openly talked about his struggles in life as an amputee. He said that he chose to focus on increasing his capabilities by doing what a man with both legs can do. He said he wanted to show the world what can be achieved with willpower and determination.
He has successfully participated in 18 marathons after his leg was amputated. Major Singh asked disabled soldiers and others to not give up ever and stay cheerful in every situation.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Check out these reasons to not miss out on Dandiya this Navratri
- Education October 20, 2018 Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News