Hard work prevails over disability for class 10 toppers in CBSE exams
Class 10 board exams are one of the most important turning points in the life of a child. It can be a little tough for disabled students to prepare for exams since it is very exhausting. But many disabled students from across India proved that disability cannot break their spirits! They scored high marks in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) class 10 exams.
Shubankar, who lives at Gurgaon in Delhi, was diagnosed with dyslexia at a very young age. But he has scored an 87.4% in his CBSE class 10 exams! Shubhankar is a student of Amity International School in Gurgaon. The young boy says that without the support and love of his parents and teachers, he could never have achieved success.
He used to wake up at 4 am everyday to study. His Sundays were spent with his Information Technology (IT) teacher to learn more about the subject.
Arushi Arora from Mayur Vihar in Delhi has dyslexia, and has scored a 94.6% for her class 10 board exams. Ayushi says that her scribe was a student from her same school who was studying in class 9. Her scribe was extremely patient and thoughtful throughout the exam.
Sarthak Acute Srivastava was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. He has scored a 83.4% in his board exams. A week before his exams, Sarthak had to undergo a chemotherapy session. He had terrible body pain due to that.
Sarthak broke his arm a day before the exam. Hence, he had to get the help of a scribe to write the exam for him. With support from his teachers and parents, Sarthak has emerged out in flying colours.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News