Hard work prevails over disability for class 10 toppers in CBSE exams
Class 10 board exams are one of the most important turning points in the life of a child. It can be a little tough for disabled students to prepare for exams since it is very exhausting. But many disabled students from across India proved that disability cannot break their spirits! They scored high marks in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) class 10 exams.
Shubankar, who lives at Gurgaon in Delhi, was diagnosed with dyslexia at a very young age. But he has scored an 87.4% in his CBSE class 10 exams! Shubhankar is a student of Amity International School in Gurgaon. The young boy says that without the support and love of his parents and teachers, he could never have achieved success.
He used to wake up at 4 am everyday to study. His Sundays were spent with his Information Technology (IT) teacher to learn more about the subject.
Arushi Arora from Mayur Vihar in Delhi has dyslexia, and has scored a 94.6% for her class 10 board exams. Ayushi says that her scribe was a student from her same school who was studying in class 9. Her scribe was extremely patient and thoughtful throughout the exam.
Sarthak Acute Srivastava was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. He has scored a 83.4% in his board exams. A week before his exams, Sarthak had to undergo a chemotherapy session. He had terrible body pain due to that.
Sarthak broke his arm a day before the exam. Hence, he had to get the help of a scribe to write the exam for him. With support from his teachers and parents, Sarthak has emerged out in flying colours.
Watch in Sign Language
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 17, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Parasports December 17, 2018 Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018