Hard work prevails over disability for class 10 toppers in CBSE exams
May 31, 2018
Class 10 board exams are one of the most important turning points in the life of a child. It can be a little tough for disabled students to prepare for exams since it is very exhausting. But many disabled students from across India proved that disability cannot break their spirits! They scored high marks in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) class 10 exams.
Shubankar, who lives at Gurgaon in Delhi, was diagnosed with dyslexia at a very young age. But he has scored an 87.4% in his CBSE class 10 exams! Shubhankar is a student of Amity International School in Gurgaon. The young boy says that without the support and love of his parents and teachers, he could never have achieved success.
He used to wake up at 4 am everyday to study. His Sundays were spent with his Information Technology (IT) teacher to learn more about the subject.
Arushi Arora from Mayur Vihar in Delhi has dyslexia, and has scored a 94.6% for her class 10 board exams. Ayushi says that her scribe was a student from her same school who was studying in class 9. Her scribe was extremely patient and thoughtful throughout the exam.
Sarthak Acute Srivastava was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. He has scored a 83.4% in his board exams. A week before his exams, Sarthak had to undergo a chemotherapy session. He had terrible body pain due to that.
Sarthak broke his arm a day before the exam. Hence, he had to get the help of a scribe to write the exam for him. With support from his teachers and parents, Sarthak has emerged out in flying colours.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education July 15, 2019 Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Education July 10, 2019 Innovative English language skills programme for deaf kids spreads its wings to Sri Lanka
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Parasports July 9, 2019 Ahead of crucial World Cup match, India's disabled cricketers have tips for Team India
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Super 30’ hits theatres
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 #RareDiseases - Attitude key when living with Ataxia
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Events July 11, 2019 North East Disability Summit
- Get-hooked July 10, 2019 Spirited & strong minded, Preetha Thonnakkal lives life to the fullest
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News