From disability to stigma, Anushka Pande, Class 10 CBSE topper, has battled many odds!
Does disability come in the way of ability or pursuing your dreams? Not at all! The excellent performance by so many disabled students in the class 10 and 12 boards exams proves just that.
This year, the exams were a platform for many disabled students to show how talented and brilliant they are.
Like 14-year-old Anushka Panda, who was diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy . A genetic disease, it affects the motor nerve cells of the spinal cord, making it hard for the person to walk.
Anushka has scored the highest marks in CBSE class 10 exams in the disabled student’s category!
She says she has achieved this thanks to the love and support of her parents. Anushka was constantly pulled down by many people. However, she ignored those comments and followed her heart. Qualities that helped her score 97.8% in the board exams.
Anushka is gearing up to pursue a career in software engineering. She is a trained classical singer as well.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disabled students in West Bengal cheer move to reserve 5% seats in higher education
December 18, 2018
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports December 17, 2018 Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
- Events December 17, 2018 Blind Cricket League
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Cyclone hits Andhra Pradesh causing rains, landslides
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News