From disability to stigma, Anushka Pande, Class 10 CBSE topper, has battled many odds!
Does disability come in the way of ability or pursuing your dreams? Not at all! The excellent performance by so many disabled students in the class 10 and 12 boards exams proves just that.
This year, the exams were a platform for many disabled students to show how talented and brilliant they are.
Like 14-year-old Anushka Panda, who was diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy . A genetic disease, it affects the motor nerve cells of the spinal cord, making it hard for the person to walk.
Anushka has scored the highest marks in CBSE class 10 exams in the disabled student’s category!
She says she has achieved this thanks to the love and support of her parents. Anushka was constantly pulled down by many people. However, she ignored those comments and followed her heart. Qualities that helped her score 97.8% in the board exams.
Anushka is gearing up to pursue a career in software engineering. She is a trained classical singer as well.
Watch in Sign Language
- The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
February 19, 2019
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Trump tells India & Pakistan to get along
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News