From disability to stigma, Anushka Pande, Class 10 CBSE topper, has battled many odds!
May 31, 2018
Does disability come in the way of ability or pursuing your dreams? Not at all! The excellent performance by so many disabled students in the class 10 and 12 boards exams proves just that.
This year, the exams were a platform for many disabled students to show how talented and brilliant they are.
Like 14-year-old Anushka Panda, who was diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy . A genetic disease, it affects the motor nerve cells of the spinal cord, making it hard for the person to walk.
Anushka has scored the highest marks in CBSE class 10 exams in the disabled student's category!
She says she has achieved this thanks to the love and support of her parents. Anushka was constantly pulled down by many people. However, she ignored those comments and followed her heart. Qualities that helped her score 97.8% in the board exams.
Anushka is gearing up to pursue a career in software engineering. She is a trained classical singer as well.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Accessibility June 27, 2019 Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News