From disability to stigma, Anushka Pande, Class 10 CBSE topper, has battled many odds!
May 31, 2018
Does disability come in the way of ability or pursuing your dreams? Not at all! The excellent performance by so many disabled students in the class 10 and 12 boards exams proves just that.
This year, the exams were a platform for many disabled students to show how talented and brilliant they are.
Like 14-year-old Anushka Panda, who was diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy . A genetic disease, it affects the motor nerve cells of the spinal cord, making it hard for the person to walk.
Anushka has scored the highest marks in CBSE class 10 exams in the disabled student's category!
She says she has achieved this thanks to the love and support of her parents. Anushka was constantly pulled down by many people. However, she ignored those comments and followed her heart. Qualities that helped her score 97.8% in the board exams.
Anushka is gearing up to pursue a career in software engineering. She is a trained classical singer as well.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News