From disability to stigma, Anushka Pande, Class 10 CBSE topper, has battled many odds!
Does disability come in the way of ability or pursuing your dreams? Not at all! The excellent performance by so many disabled students in the class 10 and 12 boards exams proves just that.
This year, the exams were a platform for many disabled students to show how talented and brilliant they are.
Like 14-year-old Anushka Panda, who was diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy . A genetic disease, it affects the motor nerve cells of the spinal cord, making it hard for the person to walk.
Anushka has scored the highest marks in CBSE class 10 exams in the disabled student’s category!
She says she has achieved this thanks to the love and support of her parents. Anushka was constantly pulled down by many people. However, she ignored those comments and followed her heart. Qualities that helped her score 97.8% in the board exams.
Anushka is gearing up to pursue a career in software engineering. She is a trained classical singer as well.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
October 20, 2018
- Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
October 18, 2018
- Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
October 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 14, 2018 Industry 4.0 will create jobs, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Accessibility October 21, 2018 Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Education October 15, 2018 Relief for students with disabilities, CBSE exemptions to take effect from 2019
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Parasports October 21, 2018 Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education October 20, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News