Miss India Deaf 2018, Deshna Jain, gets set for the international stage!
May 30, 2018
A young woman from small-town Madhya Pradesh is set to be the face of India at an international beauty contest for deaf people!
Say hello to 20-year-old Deshna Jain, who is preparing for the big event in Taiwan
Deshna will be contesting against deaf candidates from other countries for the title of Miss & Mister Deaf International (MMDI) in July this year.
Deshna is the winner of the title of Miss India Deaf 2018. The Indore student has graduated from the Deaf Bilingual Academy.
She won the Miss & Mister Deaf India 2018 competition held earlier this year in Jaipur. She competed against more than 80 other contestants from 20 states across India.
Deshna is very happy with being the title-holder and hopes to inspire others too. She is super excited to be India's face at the international pageant and wishes to do her best there.
Deshna, who is from a small town called Tikamgarh in Madhya Pradesh, has spent most of her time in Bhopal and Indore for her studies. This meant staying away from her family for a long time. She says that she has been able to come so far at such a young age due to the constant love and support of her parents.
She is aware of the fact that life is not easy for disabled people and she wishes to bring about change in society.
She wants to be able to help and support other girls like her who can reach for their dreams through guidance support and education.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 SignAlong - Sign language workshop
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Noted Paralympian Deepa Malik aims to set a record in sea swimming
- Education July 17, 2019 Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Education July 18, 2019 Mumbai's Wilson College shows the path to inclusion with new faculty member Payal Bhattad
- Events July 18, 2019 Exclusive Job Fair For Differently Abled
- Events July 18, 2019 Josh Run
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News