Miss India Deaf 2018, Deshna Jain, gets set for the international stage!
May 30, 2018
A young woman from small-town Madhya Pradesh is set to be the face of India at an international beauty contest for deaf people!
Say hello to 20-year-old Deshna Jain, who is preparing for the big event in Taiwan
Deshna will be contesting against deaf candidates from other countries for the title of Miss & Mister Deaf International (MMDI) in July this year.
Deshna is the winner of the title of Miss India Deaf 2018. The Indore student has graduated from the Deaf Bilingual Academy.
She won the Miss & Mister Deaf India 2018 competition held earlier this year in Jaipur. She competed against more than 80 other contestants from 20 states across India.
Deshna is very happy with being the title-holder and hopes to inspire others too. She is super excited to be India's face at the international pageant and wishes to do her best there.
Deshna, who is from a small town called Tikamgarh in Madhya Pradesh, has spent most of her time in Bhopal and Indore for her studies. This meant staying away from her family for a long time. She says that she has been able to come so far at such a young age due to the constant love and support of her parents.
She is aware of the fact that life is not easy for disabled people and she wishes to bring about change in society.
She wants to be able to help and support other girls like her who can reach for their dreams through guidance support and education.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Strong links between diet & signs of autism, say experts
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 11, 2019 IPL 2019 - MI Vs KXIP
- Events April 11, 2019 Mainstreaming Students with Autism
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News