It is all about inclusion at the ongoing exhibition at National Museum in Delhi
Everybody enjoys art. But how can a blind person or someone with low vision explore the beautiful world of art? Well, it is not impossible anymore. Thanks to the National Museum in New Delhi!
The museum is currently hosting the exhibition India and the World: A History in Nine Stories. This is indeed one-of-its-kind exhibition in order to promote inclusion.
More than 200 art works from across the world are showcased at the event. All the art works will be given a detailed description in Braille. There will also be a special audio guide to mention details about each art work. This will help blind art lovers to explore and venture more into the world of art!
Many famous works from renowned museums and private collections from across the world are brought in for the exhibition. Works from British Museum in London are also there!
Officials who are organising the exhibition said that blind people also deserve to venture into the world of art just like anyone else. Since the museum has more than 2 lakh pieces, it is hard to provide Braille for all of it. Hence, they have selected renowned pieces for which the information can be provided in Braille.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News