It is all about inclusion at the ongoing exhibition at National Museum in Delhi
June 1, 2018
Everybody enjoys art. But how can a blind person or someone with low vision explore the beautiful world of art? Well, it is not impossible anymore. Thanks to the National Museum in New Delhi!
The museum is currently hosting the exhibition India and the World: A History in Nine Stories. This is indeed one-of-its-kind exhibition in order to promote inclusion.
More than 200 art works from across the world are showcased at the event. All the art works will be given a detailed description in Braille. There will also be a special audio guide to mention details about each art work. This will help blind art lovers to explore and venture more into the world of art!
Many famous works from renowned museums and private collections from across the world are brought in for the exhibition. Works from British Museum in London are also there!
Officials who are organising the exhibition said that blind people also deserve to venture into the world of art just like anyone else. Since the museum has more than 2 lakh pieces, it is hard to provide Braille for all of it. Hence, they have selected renowned pieces for which the information can be provided in Braille.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News