India lifts the prestigious Allan Border Cup for the Physically Disabled!
An incredible performance showed India's team of physically disabled cricketers match their skills and thinking over three days. We are talking about the prestigious Allan Border Cup for the Physically Disabled where Indian cricketers took on players of the Singapore Cricket Club (SCC).
What made the win so amazing is that the opponents were players without disabilities.
The three-day event saw India and Singapore put up a spirited fight. The matches lasted over three days, with Team India emerging winners on the first two days.
The action-packed 72 hours were packed with good cricket. India won the toss on the first day and elected to field. They beat the SCC by three runs, with five balls to spare in the last over.
The second day, the SCC won the toss, and decided to bat first, and lost the match. The Indian team won by seven wickets.
On the third day, India won the toss, elected to bat, and lost the match. SCC won by eight wickets.
Captains of both sides were happy to play against each other. Indian captain Suvro Joarder said the win was a big morale booster for the players.
He said it was a sign that India was ready to take on more challenges.
Watch in Sign Language
- Mumbai to host first national throwball & swimming camp this week
October 23, 2018
- India whitewash Sri Lanka, win T20 series 5-0
October 23, 2018
- India take on Sri Lanka in 5th & final match of T20 blind cricket series today
October 22, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Leprosy Cured persons
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Uttar Pradesh politician's wife arrested on suspicion of killing son
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Sudeep Shukla, India's first deaf MLA candidate looks forward to making history
- Parasports October 21, 2018 Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Chaarana Centre for Special Needs is a haven for disabled children in Bengaluru
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer to get married on 15 November
- Parasports October 22, 2018 Mandvi Garg battled depression, vision loss to come back as a champion trekker
- Events October 18, 2018 ConneXion
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News