India lifts the prestigious Allan Border Cup for the Physically Disabled!
June 1, 2018
An incredible performance showed India's team of physically disabled cricketers match their skills and thinking over three days. We are talking about the prestigious Allan Border Cup for the Physically Disabled where Indian cricketers took on players of the Singapore Cricket Club (SCC).
What made the win so amazing is that the opponents were players without disabilities.
The three-day event saw India and Singapore put up a spirited fight. The matches lasted over three days, with Team India emerging winners on the first two days.
The action-packed 72 hours were packed with good cricket. India won the toss on the first day and elected to field. They beat the SCC by three runs, with five balls to spare in the last over.
The second day, the SCC won the toss, and decided to bat first, and lost the match. The Indian team won by seven wickets.
On the third day, India won the toss, elected to bat, and lost the match. SCC won by eight wickets.
Captains of both sides were happy to play against each other. Indian captain Suvro Joarder said the win was a big morale booster for the players.
He said it was a sign that India was ready to take on more challenges.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Mumbai bridge collapse - Families demand answers
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Technology March 14, 2019 With Inali Arm, developer Prashant Gade aims to change the outlook of people with upper limb disabilities
- Headlines March 16, 2019 9 people of Indian origin missing in New Zealand mosque attack
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Need more movies to portray disability in a sensitive manner, say activists
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Awareness about accessible election facilities still an issue in Arunachal Pradesh
- Get-hooked March 14, 2019 #WonderWoman - Acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal shows incredible will in the face of repeated odds
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News