India lifts the prestigious Allan Border Cup for the Physically Disabled!
An incredible performance showed India's team of physically disabled cricketers match their skills and thinking over three days. We are talking about the prestigious Allan Border Cup for the Physically Disabled where Indian cricketers took on players of the Singapore Cricket Club (SCC).
What made the win so amazing is that the opponents were players without disabilities.
The three-day event saw India and Singapore put up a spirited fight. The matches lasted over three days, with Team India emerging winners on the first two days.
The action-packed 72 hours were packed with good cricket. India won the toss on the first day and elected to field. They beat the SCC by three runs, with five balls to spare in the last over.
The second day, the SCC won the toss, and decided to bat first, and lost the match. The Indian team won by seven wickets.
On the third day, India won the toss, elected to bat, and lost the match. SCC won by eight wickets.
Captains of both sides were happy to play against each other. Indian captain Suvro Joarder said the win was a big morale booster for the players.
He said it was a sign that India was ready to take on more challenges.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology January 20, 2019 Assistive technologies help children with Down syndrome. Here's how
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Awareness to access, Cure SMA India speaks up for kids with spinal muscular atrophy
- Headlines January 24, 2019 India wins 1st one day against New Zealand
- Events January 17, 2019 India Art Festival- IAF
- Headlines January 21, 2019 PM launches National Museum of Indian Cinema
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Tight security for women who entered Sabarimala
- Headlines January 23, 2019 Indian-origin Kamala Harris to run for U.S president
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Fed up of delays in updated guidelines for disabled MBBS aspirants, activists approach minister
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News