The new Axel electronic device will help blind people move around freely!
There are millions of blind people across the world. One of the biggest hardships that they face is moving from one place to another freely. Over the years, many inventions have been made to make lives of blind people easier. But here is something novel created by a duo who lives in two separate parts of the world!
15 year old Axel Toro Vega who lives in Puerto Rico and 18 year old Jane Hantanto from Indonesia have created a unique hand band that can help blind people mobilise easily! The Axel electronic device was revealed at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in the United States.
Axel electronic device uses ultrasound in order to help people know things happening around them. The device does not use high sounds. It uses reasonable frequency so that the user does not get affected by the high sound.
A stamp size computer chip controls the ultrasound from the device. The sound waves travel from the device and bounce back to the receiver. It calculates the time that is required to bounce back to return. The faster it bounces back, the closer the object is.
The device has already been tested on many blind people. Even though the Axel device is not yet perfect, its inventors are working on it to make it ideal for blind users!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer leave for Italy for wedding next week
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 New study links high pollution levels to autism, findings a cause for concern for Indian parents
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Air India pilot found drunk before flight
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Cyclonic storm lashes coasts of Tamil Nadu, south Andhra
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Facebook launches TikTok like app called 'Lasso'
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
- Headlines November 11, 2018 ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ crosses Rs 50 crore on first day of release
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News