The new Axel electronic device will help blind people move around freely!
June 5, 2018
There are millions of blind people across the world. One of the biggest hardships that they face is moving from one place to another freely. Over the years, many inventions have been made to make lives of blind people easier. But here is something novel created by a duo who lives in two separate parts of the world!
15 year old Axel Toro Vega who lives in Puerto Rico and 18 year old Jane Hantanto from Indonesia have created a unique hand band that can help blind people mobilise easily! The Axel electronic device was revealed at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in the United States.
Axel electronic device uses ultrasound in order to help people know things happening around them. The device does not use high sounds. It uses reasonable frequency so that the user does not get affected by the high sound.
A stamp size computer chip controls the ultrasound from the device. The sound waves travel from the device and bounce back to the receiver. It calculates the time that is required to bounce back to return. The faster it bounces back, the closer the object is.
The device has already been tested on many blind people. Even though the Axel device is not yet perfect, its inventors are working on it to make it ideal for blind users!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 15, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Disability led Madhusudan to discover a talent for wheelchair tennis
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Arrest warrant against Congress MP Shashi Tharoor
- Events August 14, 2019 Adolescent Training and Sex Education Workshop
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
- Events August 14, 2019 Traffic Awareness By Physically Challenged Friends
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Alleged sexual harassment of child with autism in Kerala highlights need for tougher rules
- Get-Hooked August 13, 2019 Enjoy this Independence Day with an inclusive trek at Raigad, Maharashtra
- Events August 14, 2019 Dyslexia Awareness Workshop
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News