5 ways to protect your ears and hearing health
June 4, 2018
Do you take care of your ears or do you usually ignore them? Ears are one of the most sensitive parts of our body. Once damaged, they are gone forever. Hence, creating awareness on ear health is very important.
Here are 5 ways to protect your ears and hearing health
Do not put high volume while using earphones
According to World Health Organization, more than 2 billion teenagers and children are under the risk of hearing loss due to listening earphones in high volume. Do not listen to earphones in more than 60% volume for more than an hour. Earphones are usually risky since they are close to eardrums. Switch over to headphones or the ones that are over the head.
Do not use cotton swabs
This is one of the most common mistakes that we all do. We think that using earbuds or cotton swabs will help clean the unwanted wax from our ears. They cause more of bad than good. Inserting this inside your ears can cause damage to eardrums.
A little bit of wax is always good for ears. It protects your ears from unwanted dirt and pollution. Use a slightly wet towel to clean your ears. Remember your ears are extremely sensitive!
Get regular exercise
Yes, you heard that right. Exercise is good for your physical health and for your ears as well! Cardio exercises like walking, running and cycling pumps up the blood circulation in your body, including ears.
Use earplugs around loud noises
If you are around a lot of noise, try and put an earplug so that you hear only very less of it. This is applicable if you are working in factories with a lot of noise of even if you visit clubs that play loud music.
Get regular check-up done
It is important to get your ears checked, at least once every year. This is more important for the elderly as they are prone to hearing loss.
ALSO READ: Read about the various types of hearing loss
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Employment March 18, 2019 Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
- Get-hooked March 14, 2019 Madras High Court directs implementation of 3% job quota for disabled people, activists unhappy
- Headlines March 20, 2019 Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
- Headlines March 16, 2019 9 people of Indian origin missing in New Zealand mosque attack
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News