5 ways to protect your ears and hearing health
June 4, 2018
Do you take care of your ears or do you usually ignore them? Ears are one of the most sensitive parts of our body. Once damaged, they are gone forever. Hence, creating awareness on ear health is very important.
Here are 5 ways to protect your ears and hearing health
Do not put high volume while using earphones
According to World Health Organization, more than 2 billion teenagers and children are under the risk of hearing loss due to listening earphones in high volume. Do not listen to earphones in more than 60% volume for more than an hour. Earphones are usually risky since they are close to eardrums. Switch over to headphones or the ones that are over the head.
Do not use cotton swabs
This is one of the most common mistakes that we all do. We think that using earbuds or cotton swabs will help clean the unwanted wax from our ears. They cause more of bad than good. Inserting this inside your ears can cause damage to eardrums.
A little bit of wax is always good for ears. It protects your ears from unwanted dirt and pollution. Use a slightly wet towel to clean your ears. Remember your ears are extremely sensitive!
Get regular exercise
Yes, you heard that right. Exercise is good for your physical health and for your ears as well! Cardio exercises like walking, running and cycling pumps up the blood circulation in your body, including ears.
Use earplugs around loud noises
If you are around a lot of noise, try and put an earplug so that you hear only very less of it. This is applicable if you are working in factories with a lot of noise of even if you visit clubs that play loud music.
Get regular check-up done
It is important to get your ears checked, at least once every year. This is more important for the elderly as they are prone to hearing loss.
ALSO READ: Read about the various types of hearing loss
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Events May 17, 2019 Multiple Sclerosis - Invisible Symptoms
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Exit polls predict comfortable win for BJP
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Headlines May 16, 2019 CRPF bans jawans from playing PUBG game
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News