5 ways to protect your ears and hearing health
June 4, 2018
Do you take care of your ears or do you usually ignore them? Ears are one of the most sensitive parts of our body. Once damaged, they are gone forever. Hence, creating awareness on ear health is very important.
Here are 5 ways to protect your ears and hearing health
Do not put high volume while using earphones
According to World Health Organization, more than 2 billion teenagers and children are under the risk of hearing loss due to listening earphones in high volume. Do not listen to earphones in more than 60% volume for more than an hour. Earphones are usually risky since they are close to eardrums. Switch over to headphones or the ones that are over the head.
Do not use cotton swabs
This is one of the most common mistakes that we all do. We think that using earbuds or cotton swabs will help clean the unwanted wax from our ears. They cause more of bad than good. Inserting this inside your ears can cause damage to eardrums.
A little bit of wax is always good for ears. It protects your ears from unwanted dirt and pollution. Use a slightly wet towel to clean your ears. Remember your ears are extremely sensitive!
Get regular exercise
Yes, you heard that right. Exercise is good for your physical health and for your ears as well! Cardio exercises like walking, running and cycling pumps up the blood circulation in your body, including ears.
Use earplugs around loud noises
If you are around a lot of noise, try and put an earplug so that you hear only very less of it. This is applicable if you are working in factories with a lot of noise of even if you visit clubs that play loud music.
Get regular check-up done
It is important to get your ears checked, at least once every year. This is more important for the elderly as they are prone to hearing loss.
ALSO READ: Read about the various types of hearing loss
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Ex-minister P Chidambaram arrested
- Accessibility August 23, 2019 Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Chandrayaan-2 enters Moon’s orbit
- Education August 24, 2019 CBSE Bareilly topper Mahima Shah appeals to PMO, Amit Shah to intervene in admission deadlock
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-Hooked August 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News