Mother of brain dead child with autism is fighting to keep him alive
June 3, 2018
Rumpa Banerjee is the mother of a child with autism and is currently fighting in US courts to try and keep her child alive.
Rumpa's 14-year-old son Areen Chakraborty is currently brain-dead and is on life support in a Philadelphia hospital.
However, the hospital wants to remove Areen from life support as the state laws do not allow brain dead patient to be kept alive on life support system.
Rumpa's house had caught fire in April and Areen had walked towards the fire and inhaled large amount of smoke causing brain damage.
Rumpa has appealed to several courts requesting that Areen should be allowed to be admitted to a New Jersey hospital where he can continue living.
Her plea is up for hearing soon and the desperate mother is hoping that the ruling will be in her favour. Surprisingly it was the New Jersey hospital that had initially advised to move Areen to the Philadelphia hospital.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News