Mother of brain dead child with autism is fighting to keep him alive
June 3, 2018
Rumpa Banerjee is the mother of a child with autism and is currently fighting in US courts to try and keep her child alive.
Rumpa's 14-year-old son Areen Chakraborty is currently brain-dead and is on life support in a Philadelphia hospital.
However, the hospital wants to remove Areen from life support as the state laws do not allow brain dead patient to be kept alive on life support system.
Rumpa's house had caught fire in April and Areen had walked towards the fire and inhaled large amount of smoke causing brain damage.
Rumpa has appealed to several courts requesting that Areen should be allowed to be admitted to a New Jersey hospital where he can continue living.
Her plea is up for hearing soon and the desperate mother is hoping that the ruling will be in her favour. Surprisingly it was the New Jersey hospital that had initially advised to move Areen to the Philadelphia hospital.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Dark Pheonix brings alive the magic of Stan Lee's superheroes yet again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News