Mother of brain dead child with autism is fighting to keep him alive
Rumpa Banerjee is the mother of a child with autism and is currently fighting in US courts to try and keep her child alive.
Rumpa’s 14-year-old son Areen Chakraborty is currently brain-dead and is on life support in a Philadelphia hospital.
However, the hospital wants to remove Areen from life support as the state laws do not allow brain dead patient to be kept alive on life support system.
Rumpa’s house had caught fire in April and Areen had walked towards the fire and inhaled large amount of smoke causing brain damage.
Rumpa has appealed to several courts requesting that Areen should be allowed to be admitted to a New Jersey hospital where he can continue living.
Her plea is up for hearing soon and the desperate mother is hoping that the ruling will be in her favour. Surprisingly it was the New Jersey hospital that had initially advised to move Areen to the Philadelphia hospital.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 17, 2018 My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Parasports December 17, 2018 Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Get-hooked December 7, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018