Mother of brain dead child with autism is fighting to keep him alive
Rumpa Banerjee is the mother of a child with autism and is currently fighting in US courts to try and keep her child alive.
Rumpa’s 14-year-old son Areen Chakraborty is currently brain-dead and is on life support in a Philadelphia hospital.
However, the hospital wants to remove Areen from life support as the state laws do not allow brain dead patient to be kept alive on life support system.
Rumpa’s house had caught fire in April and Areen had walked towards the fire and inhaled large amount of smoke causing brain damage.
Rumpa has appealed to several courts requesting that Areen should be allowed to be admitted to a New Jersey hospital where he can continue living.
Her plea is up for hearing soon and the desperate mother is hoping that the ruling will be in her favour. Surprisingly it was the New Jersey hospital that had initially advised to move Areen to the Philadelphia hospital.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Accessibility October 21, 2018 Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Headlines October 16, 2018 Over 70 cases of Zika virus reported in Rajasthan
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News