Mother of brain dead child with autism is fighting to keep him alive
Rumpa Banerjee is the mother of a child with autism and is currently fighting in US courts to try and keep her child alive.
Rumpa’s 14-year-old son Areen Chakraborty is currently brain-dead and is on life support in a Philadelphia hospital.
However, the hospital wants to remove Areen from life support as the state laws do not allow brain dead patient to be kept alive on life support system.
Rumpa’s house had caught fire in April and Areen had walked towards the fire and inhaled large amount of smoke causing brain damage.
Rumpa has appealed to several courts requesting that Areen should be allowed to be admitted to a New Jersey hospital where he can continue living.
Her plea is up for hearing soon and the desperate mother is hoping that the ruling will be in her favour. Surprisingly it was the New Jersey hospital that had initially advised to move Areen to the Philadelphia hospital.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019