Employment enrolment drive for disabled people in Assam
June 4, 2018
Disabled people find it quite hard to get a job in private or government sectors in India. And there are not enough schemes or provisions to provide equal job opportunities for disabled people.
The Assam government is gearing up to change this by providing equal job opportunities to people with disabilities. Officials from Assam are all set to announce dates for a recruitment drive for posts that are vacant to disabled people in the state.
Pramila Rani Brahma, Social Welfare Minister, has met with disabled welfare organizations in Assam. She has promised that a special skill development institute and a higher secondary section would be started at the Guwahati Blind School exclusively for disabled people.
Officials will also hold an eligibility test for disabled people to get admissions into various jobs.
According to reports, there are more than 4,419 posts for disabled people in government sector. There are 8.5 lakh disabled people in Assam. Out of this, more then 50,000 are educated and eligible for various government jobs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 14, 2019 Deaf short film Festival 2019
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
- Events August 14, 2019 Adolescent Training and Sex Education Workshop
- Events August 14, 2019 Touch For Health Level 1
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Abhinandan Varthaman to get Vir Chakra on Independence Day
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News