Employment enrolment drive for disabled people in Assam
Disabled people find it quite hard to get a job in private or government sectors in India. And there are not enough schemes or provisions to provide equal job opportunities for disabled people.
The Assam government is gearing up to change this by providing equal job opportunities to people with disabilities. Officials from Assam are all set to announce dates for a recruitment drive for posts that are vacant to disabled people in the state.
Pramila Rani Brahma, Social Welfare Minister, has met with disabled welfare organizations in Assam. She has promised that a special skill development institute and a higher secondary section would be started at the Guwahati Blind School exclusively for disabled people.
Officials will also hold an eligibility test for disabled people to get admissions into various jobs.
According to reports, there are more than 4,419 posts for disabled people in government sector. There are 8.5 lakh disabled people in Assam. Out of this, more then 50,000 are educated and eligible for various government jobs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News