Employment enrolment drive for disabled people in Assam
June 4, 2018
Disabled people find it quite hard to get a job in private or government sectors in India. And there are not enough schemes or provisions to provide equal job opportunities for disabled people.
The Assam government is gearing up to change this by providing equal job opportunities to people with disabilities. Officials from Assam are all set to announce dates for a recruitment drive for posts that are vacant to disabled people in the state.
Pramila Rani Brahma, Social Welfare Minister, has met with disabled welfare organizations in Assam. She has promised that a special skill development institute and a higher secondary section would be started at the Guwahati Blind School exclusively for disabled people.
Officials will also hold an eligibility test for disabled people to get admissions into various jobs.
According to reports, there are more than 4,419 posts for disabled people in government sector. There are 8.5 lakh disabled people in Assam. Out of this, more then 50,000 are educated and eligible for various government jobs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News