Employment enrolment drive for disabled people in Assam
June 4, 2018
Disabled people find it quite hard to get a job in private or government sectors in India. And there are not enough schemes or provisions to provide equal job opportunities for disabled people.
The Assam government is gearing up to change this by providing equal job opportunities to people with disabilities. Officials from Assam are all set to announce dates for a recruitment drive for posts that are vacant to disabled people in the state.
Pramila Rani Brahma, Social Welfare Minister, has met with disabled welfare organizations in Assam. She has promised that a special skill development institute and a higher secondary section would be started at the Guwahati Blind School exclusively for disabled people.
Officials will also hold an eligibility test for disabled people to get admissions into various jobs.
According to reports, there are more than 4,419 posts for disabled people in government sector. There are 8.5 lakh disabled people in Assam. Out of this, more then 50,000 are educated and eligible for various government jobs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News