Meet the disabled man from Kerala who makes umbrellas and helps the needy!
Thaha does not believe in sympathies or self-pity. That is why being paralysed has not stopped him from following his passion. This man, who hails from Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, makes umbrellas, jewellery, soap powder, paper bags and even LED bulbs on his own!
Thaha is quite popular on social media. With the help of his friends Manoj Pillai and Unni, Thaha promotes his products on Whatsapp and Facebook. His products already have many takers now.
Thaha became paralysed after he met with an accident a few years ago. He decided that being paralysed will not stop him from being independent. So he learnt umbrella making from a priest in his local church. Ever since then, there has been no looking back for Thaha.
This God-fearing man says that sitting idle due to his paralysis will not help him reach anywhere in life.
Apart from making his own products, Thaha also teaches others how to make umbrellas. He even drives his own customised car to nearby towns. He is also active in social work. Thaha takes care of food and amenities for many needy people in Thiruvananthapuram.
Thaha points out that fighting his bed sores is his biggest problem. But he has much to do in life, and nothing can stop his undying spirits.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News