Meet the disabled man from Kerala who makes umbrellas and helps the needy!
Thaha does not believe in sympathies or self-pity. That is why being paralysed has not stopped him from following his passion. This man, who hails from Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, makes umbrellas, jewellery, soap powder, paper bags and even LED bulbs on his own!
Thaha is quite popular on social media. With the help of his friends Manoj Pillai and Unni, Thaha promotes his products on Whatsapp and Facebook. His products already have many takers now.
Thaha became paralysed after he met with an accident a few years ago. He decided that being paralysed will not stop him from being independent. So he learnt umbrella making from a priest in his local church. Ever since then, there has been no looking back for Thaha.
This God-fearing man says that sitting idle due to his paralysis will not help him reach anywhere in life.
Apart from making his own products, Thaha also teaches others how to make umbrellas. He even drives his own customised car to nearby towns. He is also active in social work. Thaha takes care of food and amenities for many needy people in Thiruvananthapuram.
Thaha points out that fighting his bed sores is his biggest problem. But he has much to do in life, and nothing can stop his undying spirits.
Watch in Sign Language
- Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
December 15, 2018
- Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
December 12, 2018
- Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
December 11, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Travel in Goa becomes accessible thanks to Ezy Mov, the wheelchair taxi service
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News