Meet the disabled man from Kerala who makes umbrellas and helps the needy!
June 5, 2018
Thaha does not believe in sympathies or self-pity. That is why being paralysed has not stopped him from following his passion. This man, who hails from Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, makes umbrellas, jewellery, soap powder, paper bags and even LED bulbs on his own!
Thaha is quite popular on social media. With the help of his friends Manoj Pillai and Unni, Thaha promotes his products on Whatsapp and Facebook. His products already have many takers now.
Thaha became paralysed after he met with an accident a few years ago. He decided that being paralysed will not stop him from being independent. So he learnt umbrella making from a priest in his local church. Ever since then, there has been no looking back for Thaha.
This God-fearing man says that sitting idle due to his paralysis will not help him reach anywhere in life.
Apart from making his own products, Thaha also teaches others how to make umbrellas. He even drives his own customised car to nearby towns. He is also active in social work. Thaha takes care of food and amenities for many needy people in Thiruvananthapuram.
Thaha points out that fighting his bed sores is his biggest problem. But he has much to do in life, and nothing can stop his undying spirits.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News