Bihar State Road Transport to introduce driving licenses for deaf people!
India is on its way to follow inclusion everywhere. One of the ways is to ensure that driving licenses are issued to everyone after proper tests, regardless of their physical ability or disability. A few weeks back, the Bihar state transport department had agreed to issue driving license to disabled people.
Now the state is all set to issue driving license to deaf people, for two and four wheelers as well.
An official from the transport department said that members of the Bihar Sports Council of the Deaf had requested the department to not deny driving licenses to deaf people. Deaf people will have to undergo a separate driving test before getting licenses. The Road Transport Department will issue the first driving license for a deaf person on Tuesday. This move from the government will ensure inclusion as well.
The official added that deaf people are usually very careful while driving.
Deaf people can also drive two and four wheelers after taking necessary precautions and by following road rules.
Officials plan to introduce a sign or signal which indicates that the driver is deaf.
Watch in Sign Language
- Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
February 17, 2019
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
- Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News