Bihar State Road Transport to introduce driving licenses for deaf people!
June 5, 2018
India is on its way to follow inclusion everywhere. One of the ways is to ensure that driving licenses are issued to everyone after proper tests, regardless of their physical ability or disability. A few weeks back, the Bihar state transport department had agreed to issue driving license to disabled people.
Now the state is all set to issue driving license to deaf people, for two and four wheelers as well.
An official from the transport department said that members of the Bihar Sports Council of the Deaf had requested the department to not deny driving licenses to deaf people. Deaf people will have to undergo a separate driving test before getting licenses. The Road Transport Department will issue the first driving license for a deaf person on Tuesday. This move from the government will ensure inclusion as well.
The official added that deaf people are usually very careful while driving.
Deaf people can also drive two and four wheelers after taking necessary precautions and by following road rules.
Officials plan to introduce a sign or signal which indicates that the driver is deaf.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News