Bihar State Road Transport to introduce driving licenses for deaf people!
India is on its way to follow inclusion everywhere. One of the ways is to ensure that driving licenses are issued to everyone after proper tests, regardless of their physical ability or disability. A few weeks back, the Bihar state transport department had agreed to issue driving license to disabled people.
Now the state is all set to issue driving license to deaf people, for two and four wheelers as well.
An official from the transport department said that members of the Bihar Sports Council of the Deaf had requested the department to not deny driving licenses to deaf people. Deaf people will have to undergo a separate driving test before getting licenses. The Road Transport Department will issue the first driving license for a deaf person on Tuesday. This move from the government will ensure inclusion as well.
The official added that deaf people are usually very careful while driving.
Deaf people can also drive two and four wheelers after taking necessary precautions and by following road rules.
Officials plan to introduce a sign or signal which indicates that the driver is deaf.
Watch in Sign Language
- The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
December 11, 2018
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 5, 2018 2.0 may soon become Akshay Kumar’s most successful film
- Get-hooked December 7, 2018 A writing contest with disability as the theme. Know more
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Disability Heroes - Neha Agarwal is opening corporate India’s eyes to the AB-ility in disability
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Priyanka Chopra article taken down after angry reactions on social media
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 What makes them Disability Heroes - World Disability Day Special
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018