This wheelchair blogger is changing attitudes towards disability through her powerful words
June 5, 2018
This young writer's perspective on the world of disability is winning her much praise!
Chalamalasetty Nikhila, a blogger has just released her first book, "The Day I Started Flying'. Her writing skills and message has got many people thinking.
Nikhila, who uses a wheelchair, says she wants the world to understand how to treat a person with a disability. She says that disabled people are treated in an incorrect manner most of the time. The forced sympathy and thoughtless questions can often be demoralizing she says.
Nikhila, who has studied commerce, is professional blogger. She has a site called www.nikkistalk.co.in where she writes about topics like beauty tips and food. She gives a lot of credit to her parents for not overwhelming her with sympathy and for treating her normally.
Nikhila says that she has established contacts with many disabled people through her blog. The readership of her blog has grown substantially and she is now able to make a living as a professional blogger. She has been approached by wedding websites and she has monetized her posts.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News