Camps for disabled people to be held in Ludhiana in June
Assistive devices can make all the difference to enable a disabled person to lead an independent life. A 10-day camp in Ludhiana will help many people with disabilities achieve just that.
From 4 to 10 June, the Punjab government will organize camps in Ludhiana district where wheelchairs, tricycles, hearing aids, speaking devices, artificial limbs and other such aids will be distributed for free.
Experts from Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALIMCO) will visit the camps and prepare a list after assessing the needs of people who will take part in the camps. All these aids will be distributed in three months.
The social security, women and child development department is organizing the camps. Cards will also be issued to disabled people so that they can acquire the aids.
These are the details of the camps:
- 4 June - Gurdwara Guru Nanak Darbar Sahib, Ludhiana South.
- 5 June - United Cycle and Parts Manufacturers Association, Gill Road, Atam Nagar.
- 6 June - Model Gram Community Centre, Kochar Market, Ludhiana West.
- 7 June - King Palace, Basti Jodhewal, Ludhiana Central.
- 8 June - GLADA Community Centre, Ludhiana East.
- 12 June - Gill Garden Resorts, Gill.
- 13 June - Dr Ambedkar Bhawan, Dakha
- 14 June - Vimal Muni Hall, Sadar Market, Jagraon.