These filmmakers are on a mission to highlight the world of India's deaf community
June 7, 2018
RH Films recently held their first major film screening event in Mumbai. Eight films were screened including the award-winning Onion Bank, which is a drama movie.
The film is clearly a labour of love for the team, which took over three years to complete.
RH Films is made up of a team of two deaf film-makers, Rajesh Kulkarni and Hemang Somaiyya, from Maharashtra. They started off as a drama group and have won awards for many programs held across Maharashtra.
Movies made by RH Films have won awards in various categories. The success has made RH Films all the more determined to continue with their successful run.
The team wants to create more deaf films in their mission to build an equal world. They are thrilled with the response to their films at a recent screening in Mumbai.
I am happy. When we go to see hearing movies we don't understand. Similarly it's with deaf films. We are equal. I thought that as it's our first time, we won't have much of an audience, but today we are thrilled to see a huge crowd - Vanita and Preeti , RH Films
In fact, the Mumbai screening event was packed to full capacity. The team had to turn interested people away as there were no seats vacant in the audience.
Attached to the story is an interview by Newz Hook reporter Shalaka Pol with the team behind RH Films.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News