These filmmakers are on a mission to highlight the world of India's deaf community
RH Films recently held their first major film screening event in Mumbai. Eight films were screened including the award-winning Onion Bank, which is a drama movie.
The film is clearly a labour of love for the team, which took over three years to complete.
RH Films is made up of a team of two deaf film-makers, Rajesh Kulkarni and Hemang Somaiyya, from Maharashtra. They started off as a drama group and have won awards for many programs held across Maharashtra.
Movies made by RH Films have won awards in various categories. The success has made RH Films all the more determined to continue with their successful run.
The team wants to create more deaf films in their mission to build an equal world. They are thrilled with the response to their films at a recent screening in Mumbai.
I am happy. When we go to see hearing movies we don’t understand. Similarly it’s with deaf films. We are equal. I thought that as it’s our first time, we won’t have much of an audience, but today we are thrilled to see a huge crowd – Vanita and Preeti , RH Films
In fact, the Mumbai screening event was packed to full capacity. The team had to turn interested people away as there were no seats vacant in the audience.
Attached to the story is an interview by Newz Hook reporter Shalaka Pol with the team behind RH Films.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019