Microsoft's Seeing AI app can detect Indian currency notes for blind users
June 8, 2018
Modern technology has benefitted disabled people in many ways. New apps and assistive technology devices have enhanced the lives of disabled people.
Technology giant Microsoft had introduced a talking camera app 'Seeing AI' for blind people last July. Now, this app can detect Indian currency notes and even narrate denominations to the user! The government had introduced new notes ever since the demonetization in 2016. The app can identify all notes including the recent ones as well.
Blind people often find it hard to identify currency notes and coins, especially the new ones. 'Seeing AI' app supports five different currency notes including British pound, United States and Canadian Dollars, Euro and the Indian currency.
According to Microsoft, the app has completed five million tasks for more than 30,000 users ever since its launch in July last year!
Microsoft is also launching other new technologies to improve lives of disabled people across the world. They are also running initiatives in the broader healthcare space.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Sensor-based device Saarthi is enabling blind people to move about independently
June 27, 2019
- New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
June 24, 2019
- #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
June 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Education June 27, 2019 #ChangeMakers - Sonia Jaitley believes in helping children with disabilities unlock their strengths
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News