Microsoft's Seeing AI app can detect Indian currency notes for blind users
June 8, 2018
Modern technology has benefitted disabled people in many ways. New apps and assistive technology devices have enhanced the lives of disabled people.
Technology giant Microsoft had introduced a talking camera app 'Seeing AI' for blind people last July. Now, this app can detect Indian currency notes and even narrate denominations to the user! The government had introduced new notes ever since the demonetization in 2016. The app can identify all notes including the recent ones as well.
Blind people often find it hard to identify currency notes and coins, especially the new ones. 'Seeing AI' app supports five different currency notes including British pound, United States and Canadian Dollars, Euro and the Indian currency.
According to Microsoft, the app has completed five million tasks for more than 30,000 users ever since its launch in July last year!
Microsoft is also launching other new technologies to improve lives of disabled people across the world. They are also running initiatives in the broader healthcare space.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News