Microsoft's Seeing AI app can detect Indian currency notes for blind users
Modern technology has benefitted disabled people in many ways. New apps and assistive technology devices have enhanced the lives of disabled people.
Technology giant Microsoft had introduced a talking camera app ‘Seeing AI’ for blind people last July. Now, this app can detect Indian currency notes and even narrate denominations to the user! The government had introduced new notes ever since the demonetization in 2016. The app can identify all notes including the recent ones as well.
Blind people often find it hard to identify currency notes and coins, especially the new ones. 'Seeing AI' app supports five different currency notes including British pound, United States and Canadian Dollars, Euro and the Indian currency.
According to Microsoft, the app has completed five million tasks for more than 30,000 users ever since its launch in July last year!
Microsoft is also launching other new technologies to improve lives of disabled people across the world. They are also running initiatives in the broader healthcare space.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Intellectual Disability
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News