Microsoft's Seeing AI app can detect Indian currency notes for blind users
Modern technology has benefitted disabled people in many ways. New apps and assistive technology devices have enhanced the lives of disabled people.
Technology giant Microsoft had introduced a talking camera app ‘Seeing AI’ for blind people last July. Now, this app can detect Indian currency notes and even narrate denominations to the user! The government had introduced new notes ever since the demonetization in 2016. The app can identify all notes including the recent ones as well.
Blind people often find it hard to identify currency notes and coins, especially the new ones. 'Seeing AI' app supports five different currency notes including British pound, United States and Canadian Dollars, Euro and the Indian currency.
According to Microsoft, the app has completed five million tasks for more than 30,000 users ever since its launch in July last year!
Microsoft is also launching other new technologies to improve lives of disabled people across the world. They are also running initiatives in the broader healthcare space.
Watch in Sign Language
- Updated version of Avaz app has plenty to offer, enables access to wider audience
February 21, 2019
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Court to Anil Ambani - Pay dues or go to jail
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019