Tips for people with low vision
Low vision affects a large number of people. Age and certain medical conditions can cause the vision to reduce, making simple tasks challenging.
Here are some ideas to cope with low vision in day to day life.
Use proper lightening to see things more clearly.
Keep a torch handy with you for use in low lighted areas.
While reading, use a magnifying glass to see the text in bigger size.
Bring the paper closer to the eyes to see well.
If you have a condition such as macular degeneration, it affects the central vision. You can try and learn to look slightly above, below, or to the side of an object you're trying to see. This is known as eccentric viewing.
Instead of writing down, you can record the info in your mobile phone.
There are softwares that can be used to access information online.
- Voice activated mobile phone applications can be used for navigation.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018