Tips for people with low vision
June 10, 2018
Low vision affects a large number of people. Age and certain medical conditions can cause the vision to reduce, making simple tasks challenging.
Here are some ideas to cope with low vision in day to day life.
Use proper lightening to see things more clearly.
Keep a torch handy with you for use in low lighted areas.
While reading, use a magnifying glass to see the text in bigger size.
Bring the paper closer to the eyes to see well.
If you have a condition such as macular degeneration, it affects the central vision. You can try and learn to look slightly above, below, or to the side of an object you're trying to see. This is known as eccentric viewing.
Instead of writing down, you can record the info in your mobile phone.
There are softwares that can be used to access information online.
- Voice activated mobile phone applications can be used for navigation.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News