Tips for people with low vision
Low vision affects a large number of people. Age and certain medical conditions can cause the vision to reduce, making simple tasks challenging.
Here are some ideas to cope with low vision in day to day life.
Use proper lightening to see things more clearly.
Keep a torch handy with you for use in low lighted areas.
While reading, use a magnifying glass to see the text in bigger size.
Bring the paper closer to the eyes to see well.
If you have a condition such as macular degeneration, it affects the central vision. You can try and learn to look slightly above, below, or to the side of an object you're trying to see. This is known as eccentric viewing.
Instead of writing down, you can record the info in your mobile phone.
There are softwares that can be used to access information online.
- Voice activated mobile phone applications can be used for navigation.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News