Tips for people with low vision
June 10, 2018
Low vision affects a large number of people. Age and certain medical conditions can cause the vision to reduce, making simple tasks challenging.
Here are some ideas to cope with low vision in day to day life.
Use proper lightening to see things more clearly.
Keep a torch handy with you for use in low lighted areas.
While reading, use a magnifying glass to see the text in bigger size.
Bring the paper closer to the eyes to see well.
If you have a condition such as macular degeneration, it affects the central vision. You can try and learn to look slightly above, below, or to the side of an object you're trying to see. This is known as eccentric viewing.
Instead of writing down, you can record the info in your mobile phone.
There are softwares that can be used to access information online.
- Voice activated mobile phone applications can be used for navigation.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News