Delhi University admission process turns nightmare for disabled students
Disabled students who are applying for post graduate courses in Delhi University (DU) are having a tough time. Most of them did not know that entrance exams are happening online. Now, with the joining dates coming up soon, these students are finding it hard to go ahead with the admission process. The campus is now flooded with disabled students who have queries.
A parent of a disabled student said that the online admission test was not mentioned anywhere in the admission forms.
However, the Delhi University has denied this. It says that along with the extra time option given to disabled students in the admission form, there was also a mention that entrance exams would take place online.
Blind candidates have also been affected. One of the blind students applying this year said that she has to figure out how to take the online entrance exams. It has become extremely difficult for her to go ahead with the process.
DU officials say blind candidates can take the help of a scribe to take the online exams.
Watch in Sign Language
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
- Tips to help children with dyscalculia
December 7, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News