Delhi University admission process turns nightmare for disabled students
Disabled students who are applying for post graduate courses in Delhi University (DU) are having a tough time. Most of them did not know that entrance exams are happening online. Now, with the joining dates coming up soon, these students are finding it hard to go ahead with the admission process. The campus is now flooded with disabled students who have queries.
A parent of a disabled student said that the online admission test was not mentioned anywhere in the admission forms.
However, the Delhi University has denied this. It says that along with the extra time option given to disabled students in the admission form, there was also a mention that entrance exams would take place online.
Blind candidates have also been affected. One of the blind students applying this year said that she has to figure out how to take the online entrance exams. It has become extremely difficult for her to go ahead with the process.
DU officials say blind candidates can take the help of a scribe to take the online exams.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019