Delhi University admission process turns nightmare for disabled students
Disabled students who are applying for post graduate courses in Delhi University (DU) are having a tough time. Most of them did not know that entrance exams are happening online. Now, with the joining dates coming up soon, these students are finding it hard to go ahead with the admission process. The campus is now flooded with disabled students who have queries.
A parent of a disabled student said that the online admission test was not mentioned anywhere in the admission forms.
However, the Delhi University has denied this. It says that along with the extra time option given to disabled students in the admission form, there was also a mention that entrance exams would take place online.
Blind candidates have also been affected. One of the blind students applying this year said that she has to figure out how to take the online entrance exams. It has become extremely difficult for her to go ahead with the process.
DU officials say blind candidates can take the help of a scribe to take the online exams.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Sudeep Shukla, India's first deaf MLA candidate looks forward to making history
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Events October 19, 2018 Knowledge sharing Open Session On Career Planning by BGFI
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Check out these reasons to not miss out on Dandiya this Navratri
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News