Delhi University admission process turns nightmare for disabled students
June 11, 2018
Disabled students who are applying for post graduate courses in Delhi University (DU) are having a tough time. Most of them did not know that entrance exams are happening online. Now, with the joining dates coming up soon, these students are finding it hard to go ahead with the admission process. The campus is now flooded with disabled students who have queries.
A parent of a disabled student said that the online admission test was not mentioned anywhere in the admission forms.
However, the Delhi University has denied this. It says that along with the extra time option given to disabled students in the admission form, there was also a mention that entrance exams would take place online.
Blind candidates have also been affected. One of the blind students applying this year said that she has to figure out how to take the online entrance exams. It has become extremely difficult for her to go ahead with the process.
DU officials say blind candidates can take the help of a scribe to take the online exams.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Events July 18, 2019 Conference – Deglobalishing Disability : Texts and Contexts
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Rohit Sharma to lead India for West Indies series
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News